Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Vacancies at Premiere Urgence Internationale
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Slot: 2 Openings
Starting date: 1st of November, 2019
End of contract: 31/10/2020
- Under the supervision of the Deputy MEAL Manager, the M&E Officer will contribute to the implementation of M&E activities in the field through supporting Project/Field Officers, partner staffs and Community Facilitators/Mobilisers in data collection, consolidation and quality management and undertake M&E related activities and implementation of an appropriate monitoring and evaluation system for successful delivery and attainment of project goals and objectives.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation Plan:
- Ensure the collection, reporting and validation of monitoring data of project teams and ensure the data reported by Field Officers/Program Managers is accurate and of good quality and reported in a timely manner
- Provide training to field level project staff on the use of the M&E system including survey sampling and piloting of M&E tools, conducting assessments and the implementation of periodic evaluation activities including baseline surveys, research and evaluations in all sectors
- Ensure utilization by all projects of appropriate data collection and reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data
- Undertake regular visits to field locations/project sites to support monitoring and evaluation processes and activities related to all sectors of PUI interventions
- Produce monitoring checklists and conduct regular joint field process monitoring, quality assessments and data validation, and provide feedback and recommendations for timely improvement
- Ensure that community leaders and beneficiaries are actively participating in all project and M&E activities
- Assist the Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager in supporting project teams in designing and regularly updating project M&E guidelines and tools and ensure that project staff have access and capacity to use the tools
- Support supervision of base level project staff and ensure that their capacities are built and that they are supported to deliver on their day to day M&E work by constant communication and joint field level M&E activities
Internal and External Reporting:
- Update Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager and Program Managers on daily achievements and challenges encountered on the field
- Contribute and participate in weekly meetings including accurate reporting on successes and challenges
- Ensure that the data collected goes through a data cleaning and validation process each day
- Ensure all data is channeled through the IM system
- Develop reports that synthesize and synchronize initial key finding (needs) and results (outputs/outcomes) such as indicator tracking table, etc.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to the Deputy MEAL Manager and/or MEAL Manager
- Pass on any information or problems to her/his direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning her/his task, PUI programs, or safety aspects
Capitalization/Institutional Knowledge Building:
- Use lessons learnt combined with field experience to provide contributions and feedback, including during design phases of field tools and assessments
- Participate actively in team workshops and lessons learnt seminars
- Actively engage in ongoing trainings and knowledge building
- Lead training of beneficiaries, community leaders, community facilitators/mobilisers and Field staff on M&E if needed
Communication & Follow Up:
- Respond to beneficiaries’ queries with good knowledge of relevant information when approached
- Respond to any requests within PUI that might require an alternative communication method or plan of action
- Language skills: Fluent in Hausa and English, and good knowledge in Kanuri is an asset
- Education degree: At least a Diploma or Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Demography, Sociology
- Work experience: At least two years similar experience in an NGOs/On-site training in social or monitoring work
- Knowledge and skills: Good analytical and writing skills/ /Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities,
- Computer skills: : Knowledge of the MS office software (including Word, Excel, Outlook), knowledge of data collection software (KoboCollect, ODK, etc.) and a basic understanding of data analysis packages such as SPSS, Epi-Info etc.
- Transversals skills
- Well organized and attentive to detail
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
- Autonomous and hard working
- Ability to manage stress and pressure
- Ability to work within a team
Deadline: 27th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.