Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services respectively.
We are recruiting for the positions below:
Job Title: Specialized Rice Agronomist (Expatriate)
- We are looking to hire a Specialised Agronomist required for a Rice Farm in Nigeria. Must have 8-10 years experience and, preferably, references from the Philippines, India, Thailand, or South Africa.
- The Agronomist will report and support the General Manager, on farming Operations to deliver on targets for land development, cultivation, harvesting, crop yields, seed production and new variety development, and must be able to manage 50 hectares and deliver 6-8 tons per hectare.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Agricultural Science, Agronomy, Agricultural Extension or any other related courses
- Minimum of 8-10 years relevant working experience
- Ag chemical, fertilizer & seed recommendations
- Insect, weed & disease monitoring / diagnostics
- Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations
- Ensure that accurate farm records are maintained on a plot by plot basis
- Ensure farming best practices as well as health and safety standards are adhered to
- Data-driven decision making focused on improving agronomic practices, and crop yields.
- Support the training and development of entire farming team, with an emphasis on mechanized rice farming
- Support in overseeing day-to-day farm operations, and managing the farming team towards delivering target results
- Seed and rice paddy production planning including budgeting, cost to cost seed production, quality management etc.
- Actively investigate and apply new technologies and processes that will enhance the efficiency of seed and paddy production
- Support the development and implementation of annual farm plan and budget, reflecting optimal utilization of all machinery and personnel
- Field selection, Crop Management (adopting good agronomic practices), Water use efficiency (WUE); Nutrient management and Crop Protection (pest and disease)
- Develop, monitor and implement company standards: i.e., isolation, pest and disease control, seed purity, germination, pollination and weed control in order to assure seed and paddy quality standard
Deadline: 15th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title, Experience and Location” as subject of your mail.