Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 800 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SSA Finance Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Responsible for all aspects of financial control, accounting and and financial management support for the region
- Responsible to build, develop and manage a strong finance team to support the local, region and global business.
- Responsible for ensuring the provision of accurate and timely financial accounts for WFT business:
- To comply with local fiscal authorities.
- To comply with WFT US GAAP financial reporting requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring internal controls are in place and operating effectively, complying with company policy and SOX.
- To provide Operations Management with meaningful financial reports to assist them in running the business, work with management teams and advise on operational finance issues.
- To develop and improve processes and procedures, including implementing new financial systems within the Finance function to improve accuracy and efficiency and comply with local, Region & Global policies.
- Responsible for financial integration of newly acquired businesses into existing structure, and performing or assisting with due diligence on M&A projects when required.
- Relevant PC skills
- Strong communication skills (both written & oral)
- Ability to use initiative, judgement and work with minimum supervision.
- Experience of managing, developing and motivating a team.
- Strong knowledge and experience in accounting practice.
- Experience of working closely with operational and other non-financial personnel.
- Experienced in local accounting regulations, VAT and tax regulations and compliance with fiscal authorities.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of budget and forecast preparation, written commentaries on business performance.
- Experience of working capital management and providing advice to management in this area.
- JD Edwards, SAP, 1S, 1C and Hyperon experience
- Interested in business and operational issues related to finance.
- Qualified Accountant (recognised International Qualification such as CA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Minimum 10+ years experience, preferably with in a similar industry role.
- Experienced in management reporting, and providing support to all levels of operational and non-financial management.
- Strong practical experience in US GAAP accounting..
- Fluent in English language, written and spoken.
- Oil & Gas industry experience
- Fluent in the local language of the Country that the position is based in, written & spoken
- Knowledge/experience of Sarbanes Oxley and other SEC requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online