Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data.FI Nigeria GIS Expert
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium has recently been award the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of HIV epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in HIV and AIDS programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
- Palladium is currently seeking a GIS Advisor for Data.FI, Nigeria to provide technical expertise for in-depth geospatial analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic
- Duration: This position will start on January 6, 2020 and end on September 30, 2020. Continuation of position for additional year contingent upon availability of funding.
- Minimum B.Sc Computer Science or B.Eng Software or Geospatial Engineering, or BA Geography, and accreditation in GIS, or degree in fields relating to human/biological sciences or social sciences with accreditation in GIS
- Experience with ArcGIS, GeoNode, Open Geospatial Tools, Architecture, Communities, and others
- Proficiency with providing GIS outputs in GeoJSON, TopoJSON, TIFF, PNG, SVG, and JPEG and others
- 5+ years’ experience in a technology leadership position for a public health project, preferably USG funded
- Excellent coordination, and information management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and skilled in change management, crisis management, and problem solving
- Support geo-visualization of HIV/AIDS trends, facility-level clustering and production of high quality static cartographic maps to support decision making on HIV/AIDS
- Support both online and desktop spatial query analysis to enable system users to compare disease trends, hotspot analyses, or extract facility data at different spatial units including state, LGA or ward
- Support spatial data sharing across multiple formats and outputs such as GeoJSON, TopoJSON, TIFF, PNG, SVG, and JPEG
- Support multiple overlays using satellite imagery base map such as Google Maps, Open Street Map and other spatial datasets of interest
Deadline: 25th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online