We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
- We are recruiting to fill the role of an operation manager for one of our clients in the entertainment industry.
- The operation manager will support the head of operations in maximizing/optimizing profit and ensuring that targets are achieved or exceeded.
Experience & Qualifications
- University degree with at least 4 years’ experience within the retail and entertainment industry of which 2 years in the Cinema industry and a full range of skills in training needs analysis, design of effective development interventions, coaching staff development, and monitoring the effectiveness.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in Cinema Operations.
- 2+ years’ experience in managing or providing strategic support to cross-sector partnerships or other strategic external relationships
- 2 years’ experience in cross-cultural / international service preferred
- Proven experience in operations management – ability to understand and improve business processes
- Proven experience in managing budgets
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills including organizational capacity building
- Demonstrated success in undertaking and/or leading teams in primary research and analysis
- Computer literacy (MS Office suite – Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and training skills; able to effectively communicate concepts and actions in a clear and persuasive manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across a range of cultures and organizational levels
- Effective in motivating, supporting/nurturing, and development team members / and direct reports; and leads by example exhibiting integrity, humility and transparency
- Values diversity and people capacity building
- Clear, conceptual thinker who can convert concepts and ideas into operational terms.
- Work with HOO to develop and implement the cinema and amusement park business plan, involving the cinema team, taking into account local, regional and national factors
- Maximise PROFIT within the cinema and amusement park
- Communicate to cinema team in a positive, professional manner all company initiatives to ensure employee engagement and successful implementation
- Pro-actively manage operational costs on a day to day basis through effective management of team and resource utilisation
- Maximise attendance through effective local marketing activities
- Continually monitor competitors and identify opportunities to maximise ATP (Average Ticket Price} performance
- Drive retail profitability by maximising RPH (Revenue Per Head), minimising shrinkage and wastage
- Monitor and continually improve the quality of the service delivered to the cinemas Guests
- Maintain the safety of Guests and employees by complying with company standards, Health, Safety and Environment legislation and meeting all other statutory requirements
- Champion, implement and sustain company initiatives, operations standards, company policies and procedures, ensuring that these are communicated effectively to all employees within the cinema
- Review management information/reports and seek opportunities for preventing loss, and to ensure the security of cash and company assets. To ensure a secure environment for Guests and employees at all times
- To identify capital expenditure opportunities to enhance cinema profitability and maintain operational service standards
- To ensure the highest standards of maintenance and cleanliness at all times.
- Maximise performance of all employees by leading, developing teamwork and through effective performance management
- To optimise resources by developing a comprehensive manpower and succession plan for the cinema
- Ability to summarise information and present with clear goals
- Planning ahead and vision for the future to maximise performance
- Liaise with Commercial Department on all cinema activities in relationship with local media groups such radio stations, TV, Nollywood, film distributors, cinema competitors to allow speedy growth for the company
- Produce and review SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis to be competitive and capitalise market share % against other competitors
- Review SWOT analysis and suggest ways to capitalise growth and maintain company image for guests.
- Manage with integrity of providing and maintaining exceptional guest service at all times in line with quality products choices expected by our guests.
- Review guests’ food product choice and suggest better choice of products for the guest to receive enjoyable experience to guarantee return visit for majority of guests.
- On weekly basis produce and ensure film time schedules are in line with peak times and constantly review annual calendar to capitalise extra revenue for schools, universities and public holidays
- Produce quarterly customer survey to understand behaviour and trends of all guests and produce analysis to identify guests service success and needs to maximise cinemas performance and profit
- Regular review stock levels to ensure there are no shortage of providing quality food and drinks for the guests
- Create Business Plan with set goals to achieve budget for all ‘Key Performance Indicators (KPI)’
- Seek advice and learn ways of company growth
- Receive and attend all training set by company
- Attend meetings set by company and suggest ways to improve current and future financial results
- Improve management team motivation and ensure the positive attitude is maintain all the time
- Identify employees training needs and prepare training schedule for all necessary training
- Keep receiving advice of employees matters before issues escalate to damage company image
- Receive advise form HR on how to get better knowledge of training for all employees
- Review HR training plan and implement training accordingly
- Train all managers when directed by HR
- Actively pursue ongoing personal and professional development self and operation’s staff.
- Carry out other duties which may be required to ensure the Cinemas maintains its effectiveness
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your Line Manager.
Deadline: 11th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.