Current Vacancy for Shoe Designer at Fabfeet Nigeria
Fabfeet is a premium shoe brand that was set up in 2009 with the intention of changing the status quo in the Nigerian shoe industry by producing quality, durable and classy shoes for the stylish woman.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shoe Designer
- Fabfeet.ng is looking for Footwear Designers that can come up with creative and practical designs for shoes and other footwears
- Of footwear market ranging from catwalk/red carpet, High Street fashion shoes, corporate shoes to sports footwear.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaising with high-end fashion designers to interpret catwalk styles and trends
- Researching ideas, and attending fashion shows and events
- Adapting existing footwear collections
- Creating mood boards to experiment with shapes, colours and fabrics
- Producing small samples to present to colleagues and clients
- Sourcing, selecting and buying fabrics and trims
- Checking the quality and approving samples of manufactured items
- Overseeing testing, including textile colour dips and footwear durability.
- Making rough design drawings by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD) programs
- Experimenting with colours and fabrics to make footwear that complements an entire fashion ‘look’
- Presenting design ideas, usually by creating a model of a shoe and its key features
- Sourcing and briefing production teams who will create each range.
- Liaising with fashion clothing and accessory design teams, retail buyers and sales teams to anticipate a total look for future collections
- A creative eye and a flair for colour, texture and patterns
- A creative mind
- Ability to think outside the box
- Knowledge of foot anatomy
- Good drawing ability and CAD skills
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in fashion, design and textiles.
- Must have mastered basic footwear design skills at college.
Deadline: 20th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.