Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need. We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- IT Officer will be primarily responsible with assisting and facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training and operations of IT activities in TDH NGA Nigeria Field Offices.
- The ICT Officer is reporting to the Field Coordinator with dotted lines to the Deputy Logistics Manager for Utilities/Facilities and will work closely with Logistics Coordinator and all program sectors to ensure proper ICT functioning and support
Responsibilities & Tasks
Installation & Configuration of:
- Servers, server operating system and software, desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals.
- Local Area Network, wireless network, Firewalls, essential network services peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
- Windows 10 operating system image.
Maintenance, Repair & Security:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all TdH NGA computers and network resources.
- Create and maintain TdH NGA computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
- Create and maintain network documentation to include but not limited to IP address, system access, email creation request, upgrades and changes to original network, etc.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Implement and manage backup solutions for office/individual users as per TdH NGA IT recommendations and provide the necessary training on the use of these back-up solutions.
- Update appropriate network security and data loss prevention procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
- Closely collaborate with the TdH HQ IT Unit on helpdesk, connectivity and other in country and global TDH NGA IT projects.
- Investigate local Internet connectivity options to obtain adequate bandwidth for Intranet and application connectivity.
Training, Evaluation, & Testing:
- Develop and implement user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users.
- Test and evaluate new technology as required by TdH HQ IT Unit.
- Prepare and submit regular reports that provide sufficient detail for TdH HQ to understand the country office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels and future plans.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is always upheld.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- Formal education/training in ICT desired – can be compensated with experience in Logistics (at discretion of evaluation team)
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful environment
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Significant previous experience with similar tasks, particularly in Information and Communication Technologies
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet, Server, LINUX)
- Experience in team management
- Previous experience with an NGO is desirable
- Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Help other employees in the use of various technologies.
- Ability to build professional relationships with key stakeholders and staff.
- Demonstrated interest in technology advanced within the firm.
- Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
- Ability to investigate issues and requirements and identify and prioritize appropriate
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing processes, constantly seeking process
- Ability to work in a flexible hour when required.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Hausa and Kanuri
Deadline: 8th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.