Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AVR Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The overall responsibility is to Supervise the implementation of AVR activities (Community Safety Planning, Conflict Management, Dialogue Facilitation, Youth Engagement) etc, mobilization and supervision of AVR facilitators and ensuring project targets and objectives are achieved.
- Draft work plans for the projects in close consultation with AVR Facilitators and share with AVR Supervisor and Manager for review and approval.
- Make sure resources allocated to the communities are appropriately spent through local community structures/taskforce by giving the required technical support.
- Plan, prepare, implement and document project operations, including but not limited to community entry, community mobilization, community planning, beneficiary feedback mechanism, annual work-plans and budgets.
- Ensure that all tasks allocated by AVR Supervisor and Manager are executed properly, efficiently and in accordance with DRC/DDG operational guidelines.
- Ensure work plans are regularly updated and that the master work plan and team monthly work plans are synchronized to reach project targets, achieve project objectives and outcomes.
- Coordinate community forums and discussions on key community issues.
- Coordinate peace building activities that address conflict drivers in communities of interest.
- Produce field monthly budgets, logistical lists and associated order requests
- Assist AVR Supervisor/ Manager in planning and monitoring expenditure and spending forecasts ensuring accountability across the programme.
- Ensure that there are accountability/support documents according to DRC/DDG financial guidelines by the end of each month and submit to finance department.
- Follow all DRC/DDG procedures for security, finance and logistics, HR and Admin
- Ensure all procedures for HR, Finance, Logistics are strictly adhered to.
- Assist AVR and M&E Managers in ensuring the implementation of a rigorous M&E plan in the programme and monitor AVR documentation for timeliness, quality and detail.
- Compile required monitoring forms and reports using the prescribed DRC/DDG formats and submit reports to the AVR Manager within assigned deadlines.
- Assist AVR Supervisor in drafting weekly and monthly reports, and interim and final project reports, and submitting and providing briefings for national stakeholders on a regular basis when requested.
- Assist AVR Supervisor and Manager with documentation of lessons learnt and AVR good practice
Liaison with Stakeholders:
- Act as the main spokes person of DRC/DDG project in assigned project areas.
- Assist AVR Manager in advocating for the programme with national and local officials and community leaders.
- Liaise with local authorities and key community actors about development and safety needs in the assigned target communities in order to facilitate a consultative community planning process.
- Ensure good cooperation with partners in joint or supplimentatry implementation areas
- Ensure coordination and collaboration with other DRC/DDG field staff to ensure programatic synergies and complimentarities.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, training and support to AVR facilitators in assigned target areas.
- Lead and guide AVR facilitators in implementation of programme activities in assigned target areas by allocating tasks within the team in the field, ensuring all members of the team are exposed equally to the different types of tasks involved in the project cycle.
- Contribute to the management of safety and security by adhering to established protocols
- Take good care of all assigned equipment’s, including computers and communication equipment
- Attend training as requested by DRC/DDG
- Any other relevant duties as requested by AVR Supervisor or Manager
Experience and Technical Competencies
- 2-3 years previous experience working with an INGO in Peacebuilding/Conflict Management/Community Safety in Nigeria
- Knowledge of local communities, actual inhabitants of these areas are preferred.
- Good command of English and local language both speaking, reading and writing
- Proven communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Must be able to remain neutral when working with communities
- Previous experience with supervision and coordination of other people’s work/team management an asset.
- Experience in conflict management and prevention as asset
- Previous work experience with youth programming
- Open and willing to learn new things
- Enthusiastic, creative and hard-working.
- A Bachelor’s qualification in Conflict Prevention, International Relations, Law, Peace Studies, Political Science or related field.
- Able to communicate in spoken English.
- Fluency in Hausa and Kanuri will be an added advantage.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Deadline: 27th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test and oral interview
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.