VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria’s informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Officer
- Responsible for the effective operation of all computer systems, related network management and hardware.
- Department: IT
- Reporting Relationships: Reports to Head IT
- Oversee network infrastructure and systems functionality
- Mobile Device management
- Support end users
- Monitor the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages.
- Maintain and optimize local company networks and servers
- Implement & manage security or integrity and backup procedures
- Provide user training, support, advice and feedback
- Manage secure network access for remote users
- Manage stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies
- Manage external contractors including programmers, analysts and support specialists
- Keep abreast with new technology
- Design maintenance procedures and implement
- Oversee data backup and system security operations (e.g. user authorization, firewalls)
- Coordinate installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software
- Ensure availability of computers and IT network application process.
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements
- Participate and manage all communication IS technical direction and initiatives
- Manage access to internet services
- Record management of software licences
- Evaluate the functionality of systems
- Prepare and review all Service Level and Operation Metrics and KPI scorecards for service delivery.
- Develop IT policies and practices
- First degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, IT or relevant field
- 4 years relevant experience with system installation, configuration, analysis, of which at least a year must have been spent in a similar role in the financial services industry.
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Qualifications and membership in relevant professional body.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Prompt resolution of software and hardware issues
- Implementation of backup procedure
- Cost Vs Budget expended of IT consumables / budget
- Timely maintenance and upgrades of systems
- Number of initiated IT projects
- Number of strategic IT project implemented
Competence Requirements Core Skills:
- Technical skills
- Team leadership
- Process enhancement
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Budget management
- Detail orientation
- Time Management
Deadline: Monday,18th November 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant position applied for as heading.