Cornerstone Montessori Schools was established in 2005 to cater to the holistic developmental needs of children aged 3 months to 12 years in a purposefully planned and prepared environment. Since its establishment, the school has grown considerably over the years and impacted the lives of thousands of children who have had the opportunity of being a part of the system.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Classroom Teacher
Reports to: The Head Teacher, Departmental Head and Management
- We are in need of Classroom Teachers in ICT/Social Media, Music, English, Maths, Science, Fine Arts/Crafts and Home Economics.
- To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary learning environment that guides and encourages pupils to develop and fulfill their academic potential Work is performed under the supervision of the Head teacher.
- Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning;
- Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and tests/examinations that are in accordance with established procedures;
- Instruct and monitor pupils in the use of learning materials and equipment;
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction;
- Manage pupils’ behaviour in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures;
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school;
- Provide appropriate feedback on work as at when due;
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual pupils and use information to adjust teaching strategies;
- Maintain accurate and complete records of pupils’ progress and development;
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations;
- Prepare required reports on pupils and activities;
- Assume duty supervision roles in the mornings and afternoons as may be assigned.
- Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with pupils from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds;
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails when classes are not in session;
- Participate in appropriate professional activities and development workshops, seminars; conferences, etc. as required;
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs, pupil organizations, and music, play and drama production rehearsals as directed;
- Required to accompany pupils on tours and excursions as required;
- Be ready to function effectively as a member of different constituted committees and boards as may be appointed;
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings;
- Communicate necessary information regularly to pupils, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs;
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities;
- Prepare the classroom for class activities and enabling for pupils’ learning;
- Provide/Improvise a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities;
- Observe and evaluate pupils’ performance and development;
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments;
- Accept full responsibility as a class teacher, when thus designated;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Every Class Teacher is responsible for ensuring that their pupils are properly dressed in complete school uniform.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- B.Ed./B.A/B.Sc., with PGDE, M.Ed. from accredited institutions;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to meet deadlines is mandatory;
- Must have proven ability to report to work on a regular basis, and punctually too;
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program;
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology;
- Must meet the requirements for a 21st century teacher;
- Must have an internet-enabled laptop to assist in meeting deadlines;
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, write, type, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms.
Deadline: 6th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.