Konga Nigeria – We are Nigeria’s largest online mall and have been in operation for over 6 years. Some of our major feats are winning Great Place to work awards two years in a row, winning an award for The Place Most Millennials would like to work and according to Forbes in 2015, 2nd Most Innovative Company in Africa. Our culture and values in a nutshell speak to placing our customers as priority, working hard, being passionate about what we do (and having fun in the process!) and teamwork. Our Company is full of ordinary people with extraordinary minds who desire to do extraordinary things!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice President, Commercial
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management Level
Reports to: CEO
- The VP, Commercial will be saddled with the responsibility of leading the commercial team which consists of category lead, category managers, buyers, merchandisers and merchant engagement.
- With a very young and energetic team the role requires someone with leadership skills who is able to build, develop and motivate a team.
- B.Sc/BA in business administration, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- At least 10+ years proven experience as Commercial Director or other relevant role in ecommerce preferably.
- Proven experience in Sales and/or Marketing and managing relationships with key clients
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume environment, excellent grammar and proof-reading skills, attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership and management skills
- Creative strategist with excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in IT/software
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth
- Identify new commercial opportunities and manage marketing efforts
- Keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to upper management
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Develop commercial roadmap
- Understand customer demand and consumer patterns
- Grow transaction volume
- Grow revenue and profit index
- Deliver competitive and innovative market initiatives
- Launch new products / channels that drive customer acquisition and revenue
- Grow product assortment
- Manage inventory
- Deliver successful promotion
- Grow marketing support from brands
Deadline: 13th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated word doc CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.