Job Vacancy for Finance Officer at Norwegian Church Aid
Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: MMC, Borno with travels to deep-field locations
Reporting to: Senior Finance Officer
Start Date: January 2, 2020
Department / Sector: Operations
- The Finance Officer is the person behind making payments, filing and scanning of documents
- He/she is a crucial support person in the running of the finance department.
- Two years experience in Finance/ Accounting/Audit within the field of humanitarian relief programmes
- Proven record of working in a finance department
- B.Sc. in Finance/Accounting and ICAN Certification at an intermediate level.
- Ability to prepare timely, complete and accurate reports.
- Commitment and demonstrated skills in working as a team.
- Personnel management
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Flexibility in the workplace
- Team player
- Maintain high standards and quality of work;
- Work under pressure and with a tight deadline.
Preparation of Payments:
- Receiving all payment requests that are approved and are ready for payment
- Ensuring that all documentations are complete, coded and fully authorized as signed in these payment documents
- Preparation of payment vouchers and letters of payments for all the payments executed in NCA Nigeria both through the bank and through petty cash
- The following should be ensured present before payment is made:
- Signatures of the requester the verification and the authority
- Invoices, RFQS, GRNS, PR, P.O, Contracts as appropriate.
- All documents are coded/PID, Activity, Task
- Making payments to volunteers and casuals in field locations as required.
Petty Cash Administration:
- Petty cash administration on imprest basis.
- Ensure that there is always enough petty cash and a reimbursement claim made when balance is at 150,000 Naira.
- Ensure that payment is made on approved documents and vouchers.
- Attach all documentation to the respective numbered vouchers.
- Prepare a ledger for every petty cash reimbursement.
- Safe custody of cash and documents in possession.
- Filing of all finance documents in sequential order.
- Filing other documents as required
- Filing of the bank reconciliations and bank statements
- Providing required documents and ensuring to return them to the files
Preparation of financial Over view:
- Prepare an over view of all bank and cash payments in the overviews template on a continuous basis.
- Ensure all transactions are captured in the financial overview.
- Additional journals made for the overview besides the payments ie other journals.
- Report the overview as required/weekly and or fortnightly.
Photocopy and Scanning of Documents:
- Scanning all documents in the department in the correct order and saving them for Head Office Uploading for safe keeping.
- Ensuring the filing area is neat and organized.
- Photocopy of various documents as required
- Assisting the support team during audit processes in terms of helping generate reports and arrange documents for auditors.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook.
Deadline: 26th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Cover Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.