Job Vacancy for Qualitative Interviewer at Medecins Sans Frontieres – France
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Jahun, Jigawa State MSF France works with the MoH to in maternal and newborn health in the Jahun Government hospital and in some primary health care facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Qualitative Interviewer
Job Type: Permanent position (Subject to probationary period)
- The AMoCo Study (Abortion-related Morbidity and mortality in Conflict-affected settings) aims to describe and estimate the burden of abortion-related complications, particularly near-miss complications and deaths, and their associated factors among women presenting for abortion-related complications in health facilities supported by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in African fragile and/or conflict-affected settings.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list)
- Implement the data collection of the qualitative interview component in compliance with the study protocol, and seek assistance from the Site Study Coordinator, when necessary
- Secure and maintain all data (written, recorded, electronic, online) and study equipment in line with study rules.
- Assist with the organization and safety of the qualitative interview component (informed consents, records, notes, written and electronic transcripts, etc.);
- Facilitate the logistics of clients and ensure that all the steps are completed ethically and seamlessly, including referral processes to professionals and services as needed by the women, etc.
- If necessary, assist in the implementation of the internal monitoring plan
- Ensure full implementation of Good Clinical Practices principles, especially the ethical principles;
- Implement the procedures of women enrolment and informed consent for participation in the qualitative interview in compliance with the study protocol; and conduct in-person qualitative interviews needed.
- Process all related data (written, recorded, electronic, online) in line with study protocol and rules;
- Ensure all documents of the qualitative interview component are present and secured in the study site file and update them regularly, and;
- Assist and accompany the site study coordinator with all other study-related tasks as needed
Required Skills And Conditions
- Degree in Social Science, Public Health, Social Support/Assistance, Education or equivalent.
- Experience in supporting women in vulnerable situations (for e.g. reproductive health issues like sexual violence, abortion-related issues, etc.);
- In conducting qualitative interview preferably on sexual and reproductive health or other sensitive issues
- Empathy, effective interpersonal supportive skills and clear sensitivity to vulnerable women’s reproductive health issues
- Qualitative data management preferable but not required
- Experience of transcription and translation preferable but not required
- Languages: Fluent English (speaking, reading and writing); Fluent Hausa (speaking , reading and writing)
- Computer Literacy: Excel and Word required.
- Work Location: Jahun, Jigawa State, Nigeria,
Gross Salary Per Month: N334,159 (Three hundred Thirty Four Thousand, One Hundred Fifty Nine Naira)
Deadline: 8th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV, Qualifications and contact details to: email@example.com clearly indicating the “Qualitative interviewer” as subject of your mail.
- Non-Compliant or late applications will not be considered
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.