Konga Nigeria – We are Nigeria’s largest online mall and have been in operation for over 6 years. Some of our major feats are winning Great Place to work awards two years in a row, winning an award for The Place Most Millennials would like to work and according to Forbes in 2015, 2nd Most Innovative Company in Africa. Our culture and values in a nutshell speak to placing our customers as priority, working hard, being passionate about what we do (and having fun in the process!) and teamwork. Our Company is full of ordinary people with extraordinary minds who desire to do extraordinary things!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Developer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management Level
Reports to: Head of Engineering
- Senior developer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications with focus on definition and maintenance of the central database, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developer with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
- Follow emerging technologies
- Sprint burndown.
- Code coverage by automated tests.
- Test automation against manual testing.
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Hands on experience with programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP and Python
- Working knowledge of CMS framework
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- B.Sc Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Deadline: 30th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated word doc CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.