Arik Air – Launched in 2006, Arik Air is West Africa largest airline. Positioned at the commercial hub airport of one of the world’s leading emerging economies, Arik Air currently serves an ever expanding route network of key cities in Nigeria, Africa, Europe and the US. Arik Air boasts a modern fleet of 28 aircraft.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Planning Engineer
Reporting to: Supervisor Maintenance Planning and Production Control
Direct reports: N/A
- Coordinate all Airworthiness related activities and ensue scheduled maintenance compliance is accurate in accordance with the Aircraft Maintenance Schedule.
- Planning of all Arik Air Limited’s aircraft maintenance events to ensure Airworthiness of Arik Air Limited’s fleet of aircrafts
- Ensure that all planned maintenance events are done in accordance with the authority’s (NCAA) regulations (NIG. CARs)
- Prepare and distribute applicable work order required for work packages and customized task cards for the accomplishment of maintenance tasks (scheduled and unscheduled) and create flow chart for checks.
- Prepare materials, tools and equipment, man-power requirements of scheduled maintenance works and coordinate with applicable section to ensure availability of the afore stated items and ensure sufficient aircraft ground time for tasks to be accomplished
- Review completed paper work of assigned work order and work packages for accuracy and completeness and ensure the completed work is updated into the system and signed paper work delivered to aircraft records
- Prepare weekly aircraft, engines and components status and forecast for the next 30 days of all scheduled maintenance
- Development and preparation of project plans and project critical path analysis
- Prepare long term, mid and short term maintenance forecast for Arik Air Limited’s fleet and distribute to all concerned.
- Review Engineering Orders (EOs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs) and other manufacturer documents to ascertain materials, man power and processes required for the accomplishment of work instructions specified in these documents are available
- Monitor and ensure update of CAMO Software (OASES)
- Prepare and generate the cost of all maintenance tasks on man-hour calculations.
- Coordinate with MCC and Supply Chain on Open deferred defects (MEL and Non-MEL) to ensure timely closure
- Prepare reports essential in maintaining the Airworthiness of the company’s fleet of aircrafts
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by respective Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Higher National Diploma (HND)/ Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field or a holder of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License.
- 2-3 years of experience of work within an airline Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering unit with at least 1 year in maintenance planning.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to meet assigned project deadlines with self directed decision making confidence.
- Excellent organizational skills & good team player.
- High standard of computer literacy.
This role relates with all Baggage Handlers, Duty Managers, Turnaround Coordinators, Station managers
- Supervisor Maintenance Planning and Production Control
- Manager – Maintenance Planning and Production Control
- Supervisor – Maintenance Programmes & Reliability
- Engineering Manager
- Technical Records officers
- Maintenance Service Providers
- Line Maintenance Engineers
- Quality Department
- Supply Chain etc
Job Title: VP – Technical Planning and Coordination
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
- Provides front-line customer information and service to a high volume of passengers at the check-in area, ability to focus on the needs of passengers and act to ensure these are met. The flair to combine professionalism and humor thus creating a memorable experience for each passenger is a skill that is essential.
- Oversees safe and compliant line and base maintenance of Arik fleets
- Oversees that safety and quality standards are maintained in maintenance operations;
- Oversees the overall supervision and control of the entire Technical Department;
- Oversees the development and implementation of the Engineering and Maintenance policy of Arik Air in conformity with the Nig.CARs and Industry Standards;
- Oversees timely compliance with the provisions of the applicable approved Maintenance programs and other maintenance requirements like ADs, MSBs, Non-mandatory SBs, SILs, etc. on all Arik Air aircraft in order to assure continued aircraft airworthiness, flight safety and technical reliability.
- Oversees the setting of technical standards to which Arik Air aircraft are maintained and that all maintenance is carried out on time.
- Oversees that personnel in the department are competent to perform their tasks and identifies and provides training when necessary;
- Oversees necessary resources (e.g. facilities, housing, equipment, tooling, materials, personnel, data, etc.) and ensures their timely and adequate availability. In this regard, he ensures and notifies the Accountable Manager whenever deficiencies emerge which require his attention.
- Oversees and ensures that periodical reviews and evaluation of the activities in the department to identify the trends and weaknesses are performed and submits departmental performance reports to Arik Air higher management;
- Oversees that effective communication and dissemination of information within the Department and between the AOC holder and its AMOs is in compliance with:
- Conditions and restrictions of the AOC approval; (ii) Applicable Regulatory requirements;
- Arik Air rules, standards, procedures, etc.
- Oversees and ensures that conducive work environment appropriate to the tasks being undertaken are performed;
- Oversees and ensures that the Certificate of Airworthiness for each aircraft operated by Arik Air remains valid in respect of:
- The actual airworthiness of the aircraft;
- The calendar expiry date specified in the Certificate;
- Any other condition specified in the Certificate.
- Oversees and ensures liaison between aircraft, equipment and furnishings Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), regulatory authorities, design organizations, AMOs, continuing airworthiness management organizations and other Arik Air departments on technical matters;
- Oversees and ensures that the Maintenance Control Manual (MCM) is amended as necessary to keep the information contained therein up-to-date and to address:
- Changes to maintenance or airworthiness requirements; (ii) Changes in the organization or activities;
- Inadequacies identified through internal or external audit; and (iv) Conformity to applicable requirements.
- Oversees and Maintains compliance with:
- Conditions and restrictions of the AOC approval;
- Applicable regulatory requirements; and
- Standards established by Arik Air.
- AVP Maintenance (dotted line reporting relationship);Engineering Manager, Planning & Production Control Manager,Power Plant Manager, Supply Chain & Inventory Control Manager
Qualification and Experience
- An Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license OR Equivalent
- Previous experience in Maintenance Planning and Coordination
- A minimum of thirteen (13) years’ of proven experience in Airline Engineering activities and Ratings, with a minimum five years’ experience in a significant Management role with professional engineering staff.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in Technical planning, development and implementation of programs.
- Experience in Africa desirable
- Excellent analytical skills , ability to synthesize and present complex processes and issues.
- Ability to support strategic planning, results oriented programming, management and reporting.
- Demonstrates outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate and inter-act with colleagues at all levels within the organizations well as inter agency partners.
- Ability to support formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and needs.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Quality Assurance Manager-(Deputy Quality Manager)
- Associate VP – Maintenance
- Workshop Manager
Deadline: 29th November,2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.