Global Accelerex Limited is a leading provider of payment and business management solutions incorporated and based in Nigeria. Our business solutions help organizations across economic sectors, to effectively and efficiently manage distribution, marketing, sales, and positioning of their products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, System Operations
- Responsible for coordinating operational activities for the System Operations unit. This entails planning, implementation and monitoring of operations, strategies and policies in order to effectively support and drive the achievement of the company’s business objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing an annual budget for the unit
- Manage, monitor and troubleshoot production systems with a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Establish, report, communicate and monitor service levels using industry best practices
- Direct ownership for tracking incidents from initial response through resolution via ITIL methodologies
- Ensure that all customer requirements for solutions to be deployed by System Operations on terminals are properly tested during User Acceptance Tests (UAT)
- Define and implement processes for monitoring/tracking of alerts, incidents, requests and problems
- Track performance on count and volume to sustain business growth
- Merchant Services Management and quality customer service
- Monitor growth in the merchant acceptance on all channels GA operates within.
- Monitor Income lines viz-a-viz product expense to ensure profitability
- Timely resolution of all POS and merchant/client inquiries and issues.
- Ensure prompt resolution and closure of all assigned service tickets with resolution feedback adequately captured in service ticket
- Formulation of policies, its implementation, monitoring and evaluation of operational strategies to achieve the overall goals of the company
- Maintain effective and strategic relationship with external clients such as vendors, banks, agents, customers, government agencies, etc
- Ensure all staff members are trained on necessary support and service requirements and that necessary reference materials are written and updated regularly.
- Assist in building technical knowledge base and escalation policies for day to day issue resolution
- Work effectively with NIBSS on the registration of POS and web merchants
- Supervises all the units and functions with a view to achieving set objectives
- Partnering with Corporate and Public sector group to identify, develop and grow POS and other emerging channel acceptance
- Identifying trends and implementing change as may be directed by Management
- Providing GA Management and other stakeholders with defined and ad hoc reports as required from time to time
- Implementing quality and customer-service standards and SLAs
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements – within agreed format and time schedule
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff by facilitating building of their competencies, training and skill acquisition
- Responsible for the training, coaching and mentoring of subordinates
- Advises Management on product performance, product development, pricing and other recommendations arising from market information
- Ensure that monthly targets are met and drive the team.
- Analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Plan and project for new and existing products to meet customer needs.
- Liaises between the company and relevant statutory bodies.
- Control expenses to optimize cost and meet budget and business performance goals
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Management.
- Lead, mentor and support a team of SysOps engineers.
- First Degree, with related professional qualification. MBA will be an added advantage.
- Certified Microsoft Certified System Engineer and/or CCNA/comparable certification
- Minimum of 7 years experience, at least 5 of which must be at managerial level in a Bank or financial institution managing an ITIL framework based operations support team.
- Hands on experience in managing SLAs under a 24×7 service operations
- Excellent knowledge of the industry and of competition
- Good knowledge of economic and market environment
- Strong product knowledge
- Computer knowledge and IT proficiency
- Business development / product Manager experience.
- Strategic thinking and management
- Good managerial & leadership skills
- Clearing / Transaction Processing & Settlement
- Risk Control & Governance
- Marketing / Sales
- Business / Product Development
- Channel Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Client Industry Knowledge
- Budget Planning & Control
- Financial Accounting
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Cost Optimization
- Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Business / Operational Strategy
- Negotiation Skills
- Stress Tolerance/Performance Under Pressure/Resilience
- Coaching/ influencing and supervisory disposition.
Deadline: 18th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the mail.