Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tanzania Impact and Behavior Change Associate
Location: Tanzania (Iringa, Njombe, and / or Mbeya, with frequent travel to all regions)
Duration: Full-time Job.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
- At One Acre Fund, we consider impact our “north star”. Our goal is to increase impact for the tens of thousands of Tanzanian farmers who join our program
- As the Impact and Behavior Change Associate, you will directly oversee all of our impact-related activities in our core field program, ensure that our farmers understand our wide set of products and services, and are changing their behaviors through impactful trainings
- Success in your role is measured by our ability to maximize each season’s impact and thereby hit our impact targets
- You will be a member of our Program Design Team, which leads strategy and planning for core field activities and will report directly to the Program Design Lead.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Create and implement our Annual Impact Strategy which identifies our most important impact priorities for the year
- Oversee and improve our increasingly complex impact training portfolio to ensure content is effectively communicated to our field staff and farmers in a way that improves adoption of our agricultural practices
- Monitor external threats to our farmers and coordinate our response to identified threats
- Document insights so that we can improve every season
- Manage our Agronomist and Behavior Change Coordinators and support their professional growth
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- We are looking for professionals with 5+ years of relevant work experience, experience addressing behavior change challenges, and a passion for serving smallholder farmers
Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Postgraduate Degree in Behavioural Science, Rural Development, Rural Sociology, Agriculture or a related field
- Experience with agricultural research and extension project design and management, including participatory methods, on-farm trials, surveys and focus groups
- Results-oriented: You set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Humility: You are passionate and combine leadership skills with good humor, patience and a humble approach to service.
- Willingness to travel. You will be expected to travel across regions ~30% of the year
- English is required and Kiswahili is strongly preferred.
- Project management: Design and implement complex projects to success
- Growth mindset: Enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
Sponsor International Candidates
- Yes.Tanzania country nationals / East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Commensurate with experience
- Health insurance, paid time off.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace
Application Deadline 6th February, 2020.