Pfizer – Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That’s why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs & Communications Manager
Ref No: 4771506
Job Type: Full time
- This role will support the Country Manager & Cluster Lead West Africa/ East Africa on all policy and communications (internal & external) for Pfizer in Anglophone West Africa/ East Africa contributing to the development of and leading the execution of Corporate Affairs strategies aimed at maximizing Pfizer’s reputation and visibility in the region as well as representing Pfizer with relevant government and civil society stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Corporate Affairs Lead, SSA, as well as other key functions, this position will be accountable for managing public affairs and policy issues impacting the operating environment in the region and for creating stakeholder and communications strategies to advance business priorities.
- Demonstrated ability (4-6 years’ experience) of achieving business objectives through high-quality public affairs strategies.
- Solid Communications/Public Relations experience having developed and managed communication strategies and projects
- Experience delivering and managing public-facing digital communications across multiple channels
- Understanding of how to effectively use communications to influence internal and external audiences
- Pharmaceutical Experience in roles supporting marketing or public affairs is preferred.
- Ability to develop targeted briefings for senior management and business leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional environment; strong awareness of need for engagement of key internal and external stakeholders when developing plans.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Should be well organized, highly motivated, innovative, process driven and results oriented.
- Strong strategic thinker, able to tackle complex issues and develop innovative solutions. Ability to operate in both strategic and tactical settings.
- Possess a network of government and non-government affairs contacts.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
Public Affairs & Policy (Shape Pfizer’s operating environment):
- Engage in effective issues management and environmental monitoring & reporting
- Develop issues-based stakeholder maps and engagement plans, including the development of key messages.
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with key stakeholders crucial to the pharmaceutical sector.
- Champion the Pfizer policy agenda through active participation in industry groups and associations including provision of input and direction to proactive/reactive responses by associations to industry issues.
- Work to drive overall association effectiveness.
- Partner with representatives of international organizations, embassies and other advocacy platforms in the region to understand key health care related policy issues and advocate for Pfizer’s position accordingly.
External Communications (Enhance & Protect Pfizer’s Reputation):
- Position Pfizer in the minds of key stakeholders:
- Contribute towards the development of Pfizer’s regional and country narratives
- Develop a regional and country specific communications strategy across broad channels to position the Pfizer story (health and socio-economic impact) in the minds of government/policy-makers; the public; patient-advocacy groups; the media; and civil society
- Support development of presentations, speeches, and talking points for approved in-market Pfizer spokespeople in line with established communication strategy.
- Protect Pfizer’s Reputation:
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Management of media responses
- Proactive development of holding statements on key issues with the potential to impact on Pfizer’s reputation
Internal Communications (Support employee engagement and One Pfizer Culture):
- Lead regional One Pfizer internal communication projects in liaison with SSA Communications Manager. These will include annual Owning Our Purpose Day; Town Halls and Global Forums.
- Propose and manage regular Country Manager and local colleague communications & events
Commercial / Therapy Area input:
- Maintain understanding of strategies for key strategic Pfizer brands and ensure collaboration with brand teams to deliver on brand and therapeutic area goals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online