ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job no: 492407
Location: Abuja Capital Territory – Nigeria
Work type: Regular Full-Time
- Under the supervision of the ICAP DAF, the Administrative Assistant, Office Support and Administration provides direct administrative support to all ICAP Directors, Managers and staff located in Nigeria.
- Prepares correspondence, scans document, organizes meetings, reserves conference rooms, assists with mailings and shipments, assists with internal and external communications and conference calls, and assists in developing travel itineraries in collaboration with ICAP Finance Unit.
- Manages all travel-related visa requirements for traveling ICAP staff and sponsored travelers; Manages, updates and maintains ICAP contact and email distribution lists. Provides direct assistance to staffs on special projects and recurring needs.
- Provides direct administrative support to all ICAP staff based at Abuja and state offices. Prepares correspondences, scans document, organizes meetings, assists with mailings and shipments, assists with internal and external communications and conference calls, and assists in the development of travel itineraries.
- Manages and processes all travel-related visa requirements for ICAP staff and sponsored travelers.
- Manages the composition, regular updating of and staff access to all centrally coordinated ICAP contact and email distribution lists.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of ICAP-sponsored special events and functions. Arranges for specialized equipment and provides general administrative support throughout the meeting or function.
- Monitors work area for proper maintenance and availability of supplies, and ensures that problems with supplies, office equipment or general facilities are routed to the appropriate parties for resolution. Orders office and coffee supplies.
- Provides direct administrative assistance and fill-in coverage for other administrative staff during peak periods, vacations and for special projects.
- Provides specific administrative support to Country Director, Human Resource Manager, and Director of Administration and Finance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, education, training and/or experience.
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years directly related experience in an office administrative management role. Demonstrated experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications and ability to interact effectively with staff and management at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Demonstrated experience with effectively managing multiple and simultaneous projects with overlapping and sometimes conflicting schedules.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service oriented environment where satisfying customer’s needs with established parameters is an essential function.
Experience, Skills & Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience working with international non-profit and/or academic organizations.
- Requires no international travel.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Senior Laboratory Lead
- ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City, seeks highly qualified candidates to serve as Senior laboratory Lead – Nigeria.
- The incumbent will oversee the laboratory component of the RISE project in Nigeria working closely with the in-country laboratory organizations, USAID and with the Federal and State Ministries of Health in Akwa Ibom, Adamawa, Niger and Cross River States in Nigeria. S/he will support systems to ensure that laboratory samples are correctly collected, processed, and transported and that results are returned in a timely manner.
- The successful candidate will hold a Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or its equivalent, a minimum of five (5) years of experience in laboratory practice in the health sector field preferably at the national level and experience with HIV- related assays.
- The incumbent will have a demonstrated track record working on US Government-supported PEPFAR programs including program planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Grant funded position
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: ICAP-Jobs@cumc.columbia.edu with the job title “Senior Laboratory Lead –Nigeria” in the subject line.