The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) is a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria (backed by international investors and shareholders).
We are currently seeking experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Information Technology Audit
- AEDC Plc being a dynamic organization, is looking at growing potential within the Company. To this effect, the Company is currently seeking experienced professionals to join it as Assistant Manager; Information Technology Audit: This person will be responsible for monitoring IT Audit practices and systems to ensure they comply with Company policies and government regulations.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- To increase the Company’s efficiency;
- To improve internal control activities and Data Management;
- To improve Data Security and back up for Business Continuity;
- To identify misconducts and System Frauds;
- To recommend process improvements and disciplinary measures;
The Assistant Manager; Information Technology Audit shall also be responsible for the following;
- To be involved in the planning and execution of internal audit procedures and the creation of internal audit reports;
- To ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk;
- To conduct operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits, as assigned;
- To assist and train other audit staff on the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems;
- To follow up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective actions;
- To extract information from all databases, prepare reports and analyses for operational audit or other assigned audits;
- To perform general and application control reviews for simple to complex computer information systems;
- To perform information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance;
- To direct and/or perform reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems;
- To perform audit to identify the weaknesses in a system’s network and create an action plan to prevent security breaches in the technology.
- To extract information for financial auditors.
- IT Audit should have read-only access to all databases related to AEDC operations and finance.
Education, Experience &Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology;
- Minimum of 5 Years Working Experience;
- Programmer with high knowledge in the use of Structured Query Language(SQL) for analytical purposes;
- Data Security and Analytical Experience;
- To not be affiliated with AEDC or any contractors who do business with AEDC in the last five years.
- Knowledge to write reports, knowledge of laws and regulations in force based on the Company’s operations.
Other Required Competencies:
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional skills for writing audit reports.
- Self-motivation and self-initiative.
- Skills to do analyses and statistics.
- Professional knowledge for interpretation of laws and regulations in force.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Deadline: 2nd February 2020 at 5:00 pm GMT.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4, Abuja, FCT,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
- All applications should include curriculum vitae and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
- Only soft copy of applications will be treated and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview