Deputy General Secretary, Finance & Administration Job in a Reputable Trade Union
A vibrant and formidable Trade Union in Nigeria is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position below:
Job Title: Deputy General Secretary, Finance & Administration
Position Type: Full time
- The position holder will manage finance and administration across the four Zonal Councils and the Head Office of the Association.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Leadership and Human Resources Management or relevant field. A Master’s Degree will be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years progressively challenging human resources and business administration experience
- Proven understanding of the Nigerian Labour laws
- Demonstrated ability to lead, write and produce compelling and strategic reports or publications both individually and in collaboration with teams
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Superior organisational and management skills: ability to multitask, manage teams, apply result- oriented problem solving – approaches; and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Strong work ethic, impeccable Integrity and sense of accountability
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Computer skills: MS word and Excel with experience in other editing software packages
- Ability to undertake travel to different states as required and able to work under extreme pressure and deadlines
- Not more than 45 years of age.
- Leadership and Staff Capacity Development, Provide strategic leadership and oversight of all the Association’s activities while planning, developing and communicating clear organizational goals
- Lead and manage all the Association’s matters relating to human resources, finance, procurement, contracts and security
- Provide the requisite capacity development for staff, ensuring a clear understanding of their roles
- Provide staff with information, tools and resources to improve their overall performance while maintaining a harmonious working environment which examples mutual respect, promotes discipline and efficiency.
- Organise, attend and record minutes of National or Special Conferences, National Executive Council and Central Working Committee Meetings
- Represent the Association in meetings with Management, Stakeholders and Social partners
- Effectively manage the Associations National Secretariat and Zonal offices administrative component ensuring that sound Internal controls are in place to protect the Association’s financial and non-monetary assets
- Maintain a nominal list of all members of the Association and their Branches
- Oversee contracts, ensuring the execution of agreements and deliverables in a timely and high quality manner.
- The Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Deadline: 10th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with CV, providing detailed information about your qualifications, skills and most importantly your work experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Deputy General Secretary, Finance nd Administration” as the subject of the email.