Job for Director, Medical Services at the University of Lagos (UNILAG)
The University of Lagos founded in 1962, has, for over 5 decades, provided qualitative and research-oriented education to Nigerians and all those who have entered its domain in search of knowledge. The University has built a legacy of excellence and has been instrumental in the production of top range graduates and academia who have had tremendous impact, directly or indirectly, on growth and development in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Medical Services
- Prospective candidates should possess M.B.B.S., B.D.S. or equivalent Medical degree plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption.
- In addition, he/she must be duly registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and have a minimum of twenty (20) years post-qualification experience in clinical medicine and public health work in comparable health institution. Applicants must be ICT compliant.
- In addition, there will be IT proficiency test for all applicants. Candidates should not be older than sixty (60) years on assumption of duty.
- Candidates must have SSCE/NECO/WASSC/GCE O’Level credit in five (5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or its equivalent is compulsory. A higher degree will be an advantage.
Condition of Service
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a period of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment with additional one (1) year subject to satisfactory performance as may be determined by appropriate University Laws and the Governing Council of the University of Lagos.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Director, Medical Services of Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the University of Lagos Governing Council.
- Some of the conditions of service are stipulated in the Regulations Governing the Conditions of Service of Senior members of staff in the University of Lagos.
Deadline: 1st March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online