Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager (Rice Mill)
Locations: Taraba and Abuja
- Monitor product standard
- Ensure safe operation of the rice mill
- Plan budget for the rice mill operation
- Manage stock control & reconciliation
- Coordinate and control rice milling processes
- Draw up production and maintenance schedules
- Ensure compliance with health & safety standards
- Ensure timely, quality and cost-effective production
- Ensure optimal use of machines for quality rice production
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in milling rice
- Identify training needs and develops training plans for the rice milling team
- Control all aspects for rice transfer, handling, milling, bulk storage and packing
- Review instructions covering grade and amount of rice to be milled, and plan operations accordingly.
- Observe milling process, examine rice, and issue instructions for adjustment of machinery to maintain quality and quantity of product
- Issue instructions for adjusting shelling-stones, rice hullers, rice-cleaning machine, rice grader, rice polishing equipment, reel, scalping machine and other milling machinery.
- Supervise coordinate activities of workers engaged in operating machines to grind, crush, mix, and blend materials to make batches of clay for pressing into clay products.
- Masters degree in Engineering, or Food Science.
- Minimum often (10) years experience in rice milling and other milling operations,
- Must be experienced with the use of husk fire boiler, dryers and parboiling tanks.
- Must be conversant with the whole process of rice milling operations, ranging from parboiling. steaming, polishing, grading, sorting, etc.
- Experienced with operating silos.
- In-depth knowledge of milling and packaging equipment and systems including, maintenance activities.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and sustain new processes and procedures.
Job Title: Project Manager (Cashew Production / Farming)
Locations: Abuja and Lokoja
- The project manager will Lead, manage and coordinate day-to-day planning, implementation and management of project activities according to the project document and project log frame
- Develop and implement project plans with project staff, technical specialists and stakeholders to ensure effective project implementation
- Ensure project compliance with all legal and donor requirements
- Monitor the context and carry out adjustments to project plans and management on an on-going basis in light of changing context, resources and opportunities
- Monitor project expenditure against budget, and preparation and submission of required project progress and financial reports on a regular basis
- Manage and supervise the work of project field officers
- Ensure team and individual work plans are prepared and followed
- Support field officers in preparing their annual performance development objectives
- Undertake performance development reviews of the field officers Resource mobilisation
- Provide technical input into the development of project proposals Logistics/Procurement/Assets Management
- Ensure efficient use and management of transport and other programme resources
- Establish knowledge gaps and specific learning needs of project staff (Field officers) and coordinate staff capacity building for effective project implementation
- Provide technical support and guidance on cashew value chains, agricultural marketing, and other technical issues
- Ensure that research studies envisaged by the project are designed, planned, and conducted to high standards
- Ensure that the project adopts best practice in integrated rural development, agricultural marketing and adaptation and takes up recommendations to ensure that lessons learned within the programmes are properly recorded and shared with other partners
- Ensure monitoring system and tools developed are used by project staff to track project progress, and capture learning
- PhD degree required in the field of Agriculture, Livelihoods, Agro-enterprise, Business Development or International Development.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in project management, ideally in the field of cashew production or farming.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Ability to contribute to the development of technical proposals, a plus.
- Experience analyzing data and contributing to evaluation reports.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.