Onstream Group – With over 35 years of international experience within the Oil & Gas Industry and Industrial markets. The Onstream Group has strategically aligned itself with its business partners & affiliates to provide cost-effective and operational efficient solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Engineer
The duties of the Systems Engineer are summarised as follows:-
- Ensure implementation in his/her own discipline of all HSE and QC requirements and report to FEED Technical Manager on any deviation.
- Liaison with Company specialists within technical departments to ensure conformance of the Contractors’ proposed designs with, or for approval to derogate from, Company specifications.
- Be the Leader for all PREOWEI Systems Engineering related documentation, consolidating comments within PRODOM in accordance with the Contract and Work Time Schedule ensuring consistency with Contract Specifications and requirements.
- Liaise with other Project disciplines to ensure that internal Interfaces and transverse technical requirements are incorporated into the Project Design documentation.
- Actively participate in any technical Interface workshops and assist in resolving Interface Design issues between Packages in the Project.
- Have oversight of Design activities such as HAZOP/HAZID, following up the actions that generated, and ensuring that they are closed-out. Have oversight of all the Studies that will lead to (and including) the generation of System Engineering documents such as PFDs, P&IDs, Operability, and Reliability Reports.
- Oversee the finalization of the Field Layout, and Drill Centre Layouts, leading to the development of FEED Field Layout drawings and Schematics, Drill Centre Layout drawings for the Production, and Water Injection Drill Centres respectively.
- Liaise with the relevant coordinating entity (GSR) to ensure that the FEED Contractors have sufficient PREOWEI Soil data and Reports to enable them propose Foundation solutions for their respective Subsea Structures.
- Have a global oversight of all Qualification activities, liaising with the relevant Company Disciplines directly involved in the various Qualification Programs, to ensure that Equipment and Systems being Qualified reach the required TRLs before the EPC Phase of the Project.
- Be responsible for the Material selection and Corrosion Control philosophy such that the Materials selection and Corrosion Control specifications are fit for purpose.
- Report Systems engineering progress regularly, formally through weekly and monthly reports, to the FEED Technical Manager.
- Assist in the resolution of Technical related Queries from the Contractors. Review proposed deviations and give recommendation for project management approval.
- Organize and/or represent Company for System related Reviews/Matters with the various Contractors, Company Teams as may be necessary.
- Assist in evaluating the responses to the CCFT, in preparation to the Recommendation To Award (RTA).
- Contribute to continuous compilation of lessons learned for conversion into Project Feedback and for use in compilation of Close-Out Report.
- Produce Close-out Report for Systems Engineering related activities.
- To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To report to Management any issue he/she may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
- To have a good and respectful working attitude, contributing towards maintaining a good Team spirit.
- Education: First degree in relevant Engineering Discipline. Master degree or an equivalent is an advantage
- Qualification: >10 years’ experience in the Engineering of Subsea Production Systems (SPS), Subsea Umbilicals, Risers, and Flowline (URF) Systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of intra discipline Interfaces.
- Previous experience of Company / Operator Representation during FEED and Detail Engineering phase is an advantage.
- Mobility: Placement is in Lagos, Nigeria at Company’s location, with frequent visits to the various Contractors’ offices, and the potential for international trips.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Lead Umbilicals Engineer
During the CCFT FEED, the Umbilicals/Flexibles Engineer will be part of the TUPNI Project team who will oversee the execution of the CCFT FEED, specifically assisting the Pipelines & Umbilicals Leader on all technical matters related to Umbilicals, and Flexibles (and associated ancillaries) design activities performed by all the CCFT FEED Contractor Alliances.
He will be responsible for:
- Reviewing all relevant Engineering documents, which typically includes cross section design, dynamic analyses, installation analyses, components design (steel tubes, armours, carcass, polymer sheathes, electrical cables, fibre optics, etc …),flexibles / umbilicals mechanical characteristics and capacities validation, manufacturing analyses, fatigue analyses, transportation analysis, pre-commissioning analysis, umbilical ancillaries design (Bend Stiffeners, Bend Restrictors, Topsides and Subsea Termination/Interface Hardware etc.)
- Assisting, as may be necessary, in Qualification activities pertaining to the relevant umbilical/flexible components of the flowline electrical heating system, involving, review of Contractor’s existing qualification dossiers as well as new dossiers specifically generated for PREOWEI such as classical analyses, FEA’s, and also small and full scale physical testings/analyses to qualify the flowline electrical heating system within the background of PREOWEI functional requirements and environment;
- Assisting in resolution of interface issues as necessary, such as umbilical/flexible terminations design, installation, hook-up, pre-commissioning, commissioning etc.
- Assisting in analysis of Contractor technical queries and preparation of comments and proposed answers to these queries
- Ensuring that Engineering activities are performed in line with CCFT FEED Contract requirements and Project Specifications
- Ensuring that Engineering activities are performed in line with TOTAL general specifications and issue proper derogations, if required
- Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design
- Liaising with other Team engineers to ensure technical consistency of all interfacing systems constituting the PREOWEI development as well as the existing EGINA facilities.
- Getting assistance from TOTAL Specialists, or third parties, if required, for specific topics (such as geotechnics,hydrodynamics, structural, material & welding, corrosion & coating, etc …)
- Getting feedback from other deepwater projects on flexible and umbilicals systems
- Participating in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews etc …)
- Assisting as necessary, concerning Umbilicals/Flexibles (and associated ancillaries), in the preparation of the technical aspects of the EPCI Contract.
- Other tasks as assigned by hierarchy
- To ensure that all safety and environmental required studies will be reviewed/updated and that final design will comply with ALARP policy.
- To ensure that design will comply with all HSE requirements and that Safety and Environment dossiers will be provided to National Authorities in due time.
- To demonstrate leadership for implementation of Company requirements on technological risks management.
- To ensure that all recommendations from safety studies and technical reviews are fully addressed in the design.
- Reports directly to the SURF Engineering Leader
- Accountable for Umbilical and flexibles design engineering and interface with SPS and other packages within the project.
- Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline MANDATORY (copy of certificate to be provided) with MSc or equivalent. Depending on experience, candidates with BSc may be also given consideration
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in flexibles / umbilicals engineering (and associated ancillaries) for deepwater projects with demonstrable engineering aptitude.
- Excellent knowledge of international flexibles/umbilicals design codes / standards (API/ ISO series in particular) and TOTAL general specifications
- Good sense of organization, ability to identify critical aspects, to summarize and present complex design issues
- Some basic knowledge in electrical / fibre optic cables, material, corrosion, coatings and hydrodynamics will bealso valuable
- Some basic knowledge in flow-assurance will be also valuable
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work efficiently, prioritize in a fast-paced project and meet schedule requirements.
- Prior experience in the power cables/umbilicals (MV or LV) aspects of pipeline electrical heating technologies (ETH-PIP or DEH-Wet insulation) is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online