School Kits Limited is a leading professional school outfitting firm and a one-stop shop for a wide range of requirements for students from pre-school age through the secondary (High) school age. We are passionate about providing value to schools and parents hence we strive to deliver quality, flexibility and affordability on school supplies.
School Kits Limited commenced business in 2000 and has experienced significant growth for the years becoming a credible brand within the school supply industry in Nigeria. Our competence and credibility can be attested by many satisfied School clients from start-ups schools to well-established institutions as listed in our portfolio.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Retail Coordinator
- Strategic business development for the retail arm of School Kits
- Inventory Management: This process includes monitoring, evaluating and general handling of inventory in all School Kits stores
- Sales and product merchandising
- Customer service/ Client relationship management
- Employee engagement to include welfare push for the retail team and timely feedback to Head of Retail
- Brand representation at retail exhibitions
- Oversight of entire retail operations
- Stakeholder management- All interconnected departments including senior management
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of Retail
- Lead Generation (connecting end users to outlets) – Developing and implementing strategies around the onboarding of schools to be attached to retail outlets
- Sales channel expansion- strategic spread of retail stores in other locations
- Revenue Generation- breaking the sales target into monthly and weekly fragments and driving the retail team for achievement
- Close monitoring of daily, weekly and monthly sales performance and benchmarking with historical data and target
- Product Development- developing and expanding product assortment to enhance customer’s expectations
- Planning and executing all retail driven exhibitions with a view to generate revenue
- Merchandizing and Display Cycle- Determining the different categories of inventory to be promoted periodically and ensuring strategic display and arrangement of these items in the outlets. Ensuring that all items are arranged and displayed factoring in the peculiarities of each SKU (handling)
- Forecasting inventory requirements for each location.
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Improvement: Inventory monitoring includes ensuring ERP data records align with physical quantities at all times. Carrying out periodic inventory analysis for each store and use the analysis coupled with sales figures to determine the optimal stock levels
- Monitoring Inventory Lifecycle (Lifecycle chart, sticky inventory treatment) – Running checks on items, checking their shelf lives against the dates they were registered into the ERP. The inventory turn rate metric will be applied for standard shelf life required for each product. Constant review of store sales numbers, cost of inventory, operational expenses and inventory loss
- New Product Onboarding- Working with the procurement team to provide input and recommendations. Carry out assessment, evaluation and sampling before adding to the existing SKUs
- Managing returns & damages- Managing damages and returns across all outlets and escalating to relevant stakeholders where necessary. Refer to the return policy on the shop floor manual when it relates to customers. Ensuring that communication is managed among stakeholders.
Sales and Product Merchandising:
- Manage creative displays in a retail store and training staff on product knowledge.
- Assist in using shelf placement strategies and in-store displays to market a product and maximize exposure to customers.
- Assist to create product display layouts for multiple retail locations
- You will be required to work closely with company’s buyers to plan product ranges
- Ensure accurate sales forecast/predictions in line with company’s target
- Continuous assessment of sales performance of different locations.
Customer service/Client Relationship Management:
- Managing the Client Relationship Management Software- Ensuring that the customer database is updated. This includes monitoring of customers’ purchase history and using data to make operational decisions.
- Customer Loyalty Reward Program- Developing strategies and executing all designated programs for customer loyalty rewards.
- Customer Related Conflict Resolution- Managing all difficult customer interactions and escalating to next level where necessary.
- Conduct periodic customer satisfaction survey to establish improvement lines and promote customer retention
Retail Operations and Personnel Management:
- Ensure smooth running of outlet operations. Follow-up with the admin department on rent/service renewals and supplies
- Partner with management and Internal Control team in ensuring compliance with internal and external audits, and company policies and procedures
- Overall supervision of all outlet daily operations to ensure adequate staffing for effectiveness and efficiency at all times
- Identifying capacity development needs of retail staff and working with Human Resources to provide trainings
- Close monitoring of daily workflow of the outlet staff and adjust tasks as necessary to achieve desired objectives
- Overseeing welfare of the retail staff and liaising with the Human Resource department for adequate support
- Ensure the lodgment of all cash received at the outlet every day except weekends when banks are non-operational
- Managing the retail shop heads to ensure thorough bookkeeping in all retail outlets
Stakeholder Management and Reporting:
- Ensuring stakeholder management across units, providing updates on all issues as require management’s attention and working with other teams and departments to build strong support system
- Collating and sharing reports with management to include, Sales Analysis, Inventory Analysis, Customer Analysis, Profitability Analysis; performance of each outlet with respect to sales target by vendor and product.
- Attending all periodic management meetings
Required Skills & Qualification
- B.Sc / HND in relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience is similar role
- Retail Management
- Proficiency in MS Office packages
- Leadership skills
- Crisis Management skills
- Customer service/ Client relationship management
- Creativity and use of initiative
Job Title: Business Development Executive
- Identifying and engaging prospects, follow up on business opportunities
- Initiating and maintaining profitable relationships with new/ existing customers
- Introducing new / existing products to prospective clients
- Negotiating contracts and closing deals
Business Development Strategy:
- Prospecting potential new clients and convert into increased business
- Designing and implementing a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base
- Meeting with potential customers by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identifying potential customers and the decision makers within the client organization and set up meetings with the decision makers.
- Negotiating and advising on pricing for customer requests.
Client relationship management:
- Presenting new products and other services/ partnership for schools, building new and enhancing existing relationships.
- Work with the Procurement and Store teams to ensure customer orders are met.
- Follow up with customers on order delivered to ensure satisfaction.
Business Development Planning:
- Attend industry functions, such as exhibitions, conferences, school fun fair, inter-house sport activities, workshops, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with the senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, you will identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
- Submission of weekly progress reports and ensuring all data reported are accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet set targets.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competitors’ status
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with customers and understanding their needs.
- Recording sales information and maintain customers’ records and database
- Required Experience – Minimum of 2 years in Sales & Marketing
- Qualification – B.Sc / M.Sc in relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and current trends (Market Knowledge)
- Excellent social skills
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have attention to detail and be numerically sound
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Deadline: 15th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.