Nurse Counsellor Job at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – France
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse Counsellor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Essential recognized Nurse Degree / Diploma.
- Experience: Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGOs.
- Languages: Local language (Pidgin) essential and English
- Competencies: Results and Quality, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioral Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress management
- Work Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria,
- Permanent position: subject to probationary period.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute / emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary.
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization.
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration.
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written / oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area / wards without prior authorization, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his / her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
Gross salary per month: N332,000 (Three hundred thirty-two thousand Naira)
Deadline: 19th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their Cover Letter, CV, Qualifications and Motivation Letter to: email@example.com with Subject: Nursing Counselor.
Click Here to Fill Application Form Online (docs)
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- NON-compliant or Late applications will Not be Considered.