Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rice Agronomist
Job Field: Agriculture / Agro Allied
Employment Type: Full time
- We are looking to hire a Specialized Agronomist required for a Rice Farm in Niger State.
- The Agronomist will report and support the General Manager, on farming Operations to deliver on targets for land development, cultivation, harvesting, crop yields, seed production and new variety development, and must be able to manage 50 hectares and deliver 6-8 tons per hectare.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Ag chemical, fertilizer & seed recommendations
- Insect, weed & disease monitoring / diagnostics
- Crop rotation planning and hybrid / variety selection recommendations
- Ensure that accurate farm records are maintained on a plot by plot basis
- Ensure farming best practices as well as health and safety standards are adhered to
- Data-driven decision making focused on improving agronomic practices, and crop yields.
- Support the training and development of entire farming team, with an emphasis on mechanized rice farming
- Support in overseeing day-to-day farm operations, and managing the farming team towards delivering target results
- Seed and rice paddy production planning including budgeting, cost to cost seed production, quality management etc.
- Actively investigate and apply new technologies and processes that will enhance the efficiency of seed and paddy production
- Support the development and implementation of annual farm plan and budget, reflecting optimal utilization of all machinery and personnel
- Field selection, Crop Management (adopting good agronomic practices), Water use efficiency (WUE); Nutrient management and Crop Protection (pest and disease)
- Develop, monitor and implement company standards: i.e., isolation, pest and disease control, seed purity, germination, pollination and weed control in order to assure seed and paddy quality standard.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Agricultural Science, Agronomy, Agricultural Extension or any other related courses
- Minimum of 8-10 years relevant working experience.
Job Title: Cashier
Location: Lugbe, Abuja
- Minimum of OND
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a cashier
- Very good communication and Customer service skill
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Must be based in Lugbe or location very close to lugbe.
Job Title: Chef
Location: Gwarinpa, Abuja
- Minimum of an OND
- Certificate from a certified catering school
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a chef
- Mastery in all kind of dish both continental and local dish
- Must be based in Abuja especially Gwarinpa and its Environs.
- N50,000 / month Negotiable.
Job Title: Field Agronomist
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Science, Agricultural Extension and any other related field
- 2-4 years working experience as a Field Agronomist or Extension worker
- Must have a good knowledge of fertilizer and its application
- Excellent communication skill in speaking to local farmers on farming best practices and advising them on fertilizer best options
- Can speak the local dialect of the said location fluently
- Must be based in Abia State or willing to relocate at His on expense.
75,000 Monthly (take home salary excluding Pension)
Deadline: 15th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.