Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Specialist (Mandarin)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Product Specialist Role (Mandarin)
- As a Product Specialist at Paystack, you’ll be a member of the Growth team, which means that you’ll be part of a team that strives to empower thousands of business owners in Africa with both the knowledge and the courage they need to bring their ideas to life. If that feeling were a sound, it would sound like this.
- Paystack serves some of the most ambitious businesses in Africa. Our promise to our customers is that, beyond providing an amazing payments experience, we’ll help their businesses grow.
- This is a HUGE promise the entire company is committed to, and Product Specialists are key drivers of that promise.
- You’ll be entrusted with a portfolio of some of our fastest-growing customers across different sectors, and your primary responsibility will be to help these companies meet their most important business objectives.
- You’ll own some of our most important customer relationships, and lead both day-to-day conversations as well as high level strategic discussions.
- You’ll dive deep into Paystack’s massive proprietary database to uncover market trends and translate them into actionable recommendations. We process over 25% of all online transactions in Nigeria, which gives us a granular understanding of what’s happening across multiple different industries.
- We’re looking for a teammate with a natural aptitude for identifying patterns and developing insights from this valuable dataset. We’re also looking for a teammate who delights in learning everything there is to know about entire sectors. To best support your portfolio of assigned companies, you’ll need a deep understanding of their specific business as well as their broader industry.
- You’ll research the various sectors within which your portfolio companies operate to inform your recommendations for how your companies can thrive.
- The ideal Product Specialist at Paystack is analytical, curious, and above all profoundly empathetic. Running a business can be brutal, and you’ll see your portfolio companies at both their best and their worst. The best Product Specialists are invaluable advisors to the companies in their portfolio, as well as relentless advocates. This is one of the reasons why we love speaking to entrepreneurs for this role. We find that entrepreneurs bring a high degree of natural empathy to the Product Specialist role, because they have an instinctive understanding of the heady highs and crushing lows of being a business owner.
- Product Specialists work with literally every team at Paystack. You’ll serve as an important link between departments to ensure that all parts of the company are working in sync to provide the best possible experience for our merchants and their customers. You’ll have visibility into what’s happening across the entire company, so you’ll need to be a sharp, articulate problem-solver capable of the significant responsibilities entrusted to you.
- You’ll work side by side with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career. Come and join us as we solve some of the biggest problems facing African businesses.
- This is a full-time role based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build long-term relationships with your contacts at mid-market and enterprise companies – especially those headquartered in China and help them understand how to best leverage Paystack’s powerful product suite to meet their business objectives
- Research various sectors to better understand the competitive landscape of those industries, as well as both the threats and opportunities available to your portfolio companies
- Analyse internal and external datasets to glean insights for various uses
- Solve tricky tier 2 support issues which are escalated by the support team
- Represent Paystack at industry events, fairs, webinars, and demos
- Serve on one or more Product teams, using your insights from the field to inform product prioritization and product development
What it takes to succeed in the role
- Are an excellent writer and speaker of BOTH English and Mandarin, able to take complex ideas and explain them in plain, compelling language
- Are able to analyse large amounts of data, identify useful patterns, and make recommendations based on your observations
- Have a sophisticated commercial sense and are able to quickly understand the underlying drivers and strategy of our customer’s businesses
- Are obsessively curious about how businesses work in different sectors.
- You’re the kind of person who reads earnings reports for fun, or who, when you go to a new restaurant, idly wonder how many plates they serve a day
- Possess strong presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Have experience in a client-facing role, preferably at a technology company, with a track record of top performance
- Embody the principle of servant leadership: you have genuine empathy for business owners, and you’re happy to go the extra mile to help them succeed
- Are perceptive and a fast learner: you’re able to quickly understand the technology that powers Paystack and able to leverage your understanding to help customers achieve their goals. A Product Specialist understands the Paystack product better than anyone else at the company
- Understand and value the importance of following up: either with members of the Paystack team on behalf of customers, or with customers to assure them that their issue is being worked on
While this is not strictly required, it’d be a plus if you:
- Have worked or lived in China or the surrounding region, or otherwise have a deep sense of Chinese business culture
- Have previously worked at fast-growing internet startups
- Have experience working with payments systems in Africa
- Have an analytics or research background
- Have experience with BI tools such as Tableau or Excel, or have a willingness/aptitude to learn.
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Deadline: 16th February, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions (Read carefully)
- To apply, click the “Apply for this job” button
- Complete all the required questions
- After you submit this application form, you’ll receive feedback after 4 weeks
Leave a Reply