Social Media Volunteer Vacancy at Pact West Africa (Nigeria)
Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria. Pact is seeking a qualified consultant to facilitate a three-day team building exercise and to compile a report outlining the workshop’s proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Volunteer
- Provide support to the Program & Comms team who manages all external communications and engagement of audiences throughout Pact West Africa’s digital ecosystem of online and third-party applications.
- B.Sc in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Digital Communications, International Relations or related field required
- Minimum 3 years of work experience required in the field of digital communications, media marketing, or relevant field Required.
- At least two years’ experience in social media content creation required
- Outstanding skills in communications, and understanding of media, multimedia and social media required.
- Experience with digital analytics and other social media tools for efficient management of digital communications is preferred.
- Understanding of international development; international relations; or environmental and other relevant issues preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English language is a must, knowledge of other native languages is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a complex multicultural and multinational environment preferred.
Social Media Engagement /Visibility:
- Working closely with the program team & Senior IT/ Comms officer to determine digital communication goals for reach and engagement through social media.
- Support the Senior IT/ Comms officer in developing, implementing and evaluating social media plans based on Pact West Africa project objectives.
- Ensure proper and selective use of social media for target audience.
- Identify potential opportunities and risks which might arise through audience engagement, and propose solutions.
- Use social media tools for efficient planning and management of social media channels.
- Work with & Senior IT/ Comms officer to ideate and produce creative content for social media.
- Use existing data, facts & reports to produce social media content for dissemination on Pact West Africa social media channels.
- Using existing and new content, create messages for dissemination on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram.
Communication and Reporting:
- Provide weekly reports to Senior IT/ Comms officer on performance of social media activities
- Advise personnel at all levels on standards and best practices for Pact West Africa social media.
- Support implementation of Pact Communication Strategy.
- Continually stay informed on latest social media technologies and practices to ensure effectiveness of Pact West Africa digital communication network.
- Recommend and pilot new and emerging approaches to digital communications on social media
- Work closely with Senior IT/ Comms officer to make recommendations for implementation based on data analysis
- Monitor and facilitate communications through social media channels.
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the healthy functioning of Pact West Africa’s digital communications ecosystem.
Deadline: 10th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
- However applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants Must indicate the position applied for on the Subject of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.