Diamond Development Initiatives (DDI) is a not-for-profit organization that serves as the Technical Partner of the United States African Development Foundation (USADF) in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Specialist
- DDI seeks an enthusiastic Communications Specialist to manage its internal and external communications for an initial period of one year, but may be renewable. The Communications Specialist will be based in our Abuja Office.
Under the guidance and directs supervision of the Executive Director, the Communications Specialist will:
- Take the lead in developing a Communications Strategy, Policy and Plan.
- Develop consistent communications tools and materials for use.
- Use monitoring, evaluation and learning evidence information for communications purposes.
- Management of DDI’s social media platforms.
- Proactively seek media opportunities that support DDI’s objectives.
- Co-ordinate the development, production and distribution of PR and media materials (TV and Radio), web-based advertisements and other broadcast media materials.
- Work in close collaboration with relevant Government officials, media, thematic and policy experts, multi-lateral donors, CBOs and CSOs in Nigeria.
- Assist in the development of appropriate measures to better track the communication of performance, results and learning.
- Design and write creative copy content for internal and external publications: speeches, presentations, media messaging, newsletters, website content, editorial-style articles, briefing notes, video and radio scripts.
- Develop and issue creative content that engages target audiences and demonstrates an understanding of newsworthy content.
- Day-to-day management of DPI’s website, including updates.
Qualification and Experience
- At least 5-year experience working as public relations, communications, or advocacy personnel at the national or international level.
- Excellent knowledge of office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems is highly desirable.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Master’s degree in Media Studies, Journalism, Publishing, Public Affairs, Copywriting, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related fields.
- Strong research, analysis, editing and interviewing skills
- Portfolio that reflects creative copywriting proficiencies
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization, NGO, or think tank will be of advantage.
Deadline: 21st February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com using “Communications Specialist” as subject.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be notified of the next steps.