Head, Internal Audit Job in a Leading Healthcare Manufacturing Company
A leading Healthcare Manufacturing company seeks to hire competent professionals to fill the vacancy below as it scales up its operations across Nigeria:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
Operational Audit Functions:
- Prepare annual internal audit plan with reference to the Company’s risk management framework and present to the Finance and Board Statutory Audit Committee for approval. Develop and implement Company’s internal audit procedures with risk-based audit approach, assess, report on and make suggestions for improving the Company’s operational, financial and internal control activities. Execute audit plans within budget time across functional units in an accurate manner.
- Act as third line of defense by using internal audit reviews to test and validating documented controls and workflows around: finance and accounts operations, manufacturing operations, supply chain and procurement functions, human resource/talent management functions, admin, logistics and general service functions, legal and company secretariat activities. Ensure reliability of financial reports.
- Ensure prompt, adequate and regular audit of all high risks operational areas of the Company and make recommendations to the Management on how to mitigate risk through preventive controls, process improvement, policies and procedures documentation. Coordinate audit plan and programs with External AuditorsPG Consulting Li
- Review the Company’s control environment around operational activities, planning and overseeing periodic audit across all functional units to secure compliance with policies and procedures as well as test compliance to internal controls put in place by the Management.
- Ensure that the risk associated with the Company’s operations are promptly identified through the best practice audit exercise. Managed audit findings with adequate levels of internal controls to be put in place
- Perform specialized audit and investigation as may be required from time as well as other assurance service functions that may be assigned by the MD/CEO and the audit committee.
- Coach and supervise audit staff in the discharge of their duties, providing leadership for internal audit team. Finalize audit reports and management feedback on identified audit exceptions to ensure they are impactful, high quality, clear, concise, constructive and commercially relevant and presenting same to the MD/CEO and the Board Statutory Audit Committee as well as Finance and Budget Committee for their review and feedback.
Required Skills / Qualifications
- First Degree in Accounting or other Managerial Science + qualified membership of any of the following professional accountancy bodies including ICAN-ACA, ACCA. Internal Audit certifications such as: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CFE (Certified Forensic Examiner) and MBA will be added advantage. Internal audit experience in manufacturing, FMCG, Pharmaceutical or retail industry. Well versed in internal control procedures.
- Ability to think strategically, communicate vision clearly, good inter-personal skills in interfacing with senior level officers, time management skills, report writing, problem solving, presentation and analytical skills, sound independent judgment, strong leadership skills.
- A Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience.
Deadline: 3rd March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com indicating clearly the position applied for in the subject line of your email.