The Olive Prime Psychological Services – We are a new “mental health facility” based in Abuja, currently looking for the best hands that can provide excellent and client focused services.
We are committed to providing individuals with a flexible pathway to full recovery in a way different from the conventional inpatient services. We intend to provide support for our service users where we engage them in various psychological therapies and other complimentary activities which in the long term equips them with a more realistic and flexible form of recovery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Accounts
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reports to: Medical Director
- Responsible for day-to-day finance and accounts operations
- Provide managerial and oversight for all accounting functions in the organisation.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role e.g. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc.
- Supervises end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of the periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts.
- Management and coordination of activities relating to Vendors/Procurement.
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to management
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Provide accurate, timely periodic financial statements to management.
- Provide direction to accounting department staff.
- Provide oversight of assets and finances of the organization.
- Manages overall responsibility for accounting-related information from various centres.
- Oversight may include monitoring purchases compared to the budget, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and capital expenditures/equipment.
- Reconciliation of all cash accounts and monitoring of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Evaluate performance and professional development of staff.
- Assist in the management of the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the Maintenance and reconciliation of Goods Receipts/ Invoice Receipt Account.
- Create and enhance financial policies and procedures across the accounting department as well as the wider Finance department.
- Ensures consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department and that these policies are appropriately set for the achievement of the business’s overall goals and objectives.
- Leads compliance with the business’s internal corporate framework policies and finance manuals.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monthly evaluating of un-applied Advance Payment to determine the risk level.
- Monitors expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Develops reports on all accounting related matters inclusive of taxation matters. These reports accompany pro-active advice and recommendations on the business’s financial approaches from an accounting and taxation perspective.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of the company’s accounting policies
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the company’s records (e.g. Clients, Suppliers, Banks, Employees, Management, Government and its relevant agencies etc.)
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Medical Director
Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum of M.Sc in Accounting
- First Degree must be in Accounting
- Certified member of ICAN/ACCA
- Minimum of 4- 5 years’ core experience in accounting/management account
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Ability to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Ability to lead and manage a team effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or any other financial software
- Must be resident in Abuja
Deadline: 10th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail. e.g Head of Accounts-Abuja.
Note: The subject of the email should be ” Head of Accounts- Abuja ” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.