Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of People
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Head of People Role
- At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help!
- Over the past 12 months, the Paystack team has grown from 50 people to over 100 people. We expect this to grow even further over the next year, both at our Lagos HQ and other locations. We’re looking for a leader to develop and manage all aspects involving our people.
- As a high growth start-up, we are determined to align the personal and professional development of our employees with the overall goals of the company. One of our goals is to be the best company to work for in Africa, and we believe that a visionary Head of People can help deliver an unbeatable employee experience.
- As Head of People, your responsibility will be to build excellent people functions to attract, develop and retain top talent. You will foster innovation to streamline processes while helping the company maintain its culture as it rapidly scales.
- The role is remote-friendly with frequent travel to Lagos, Nigeria, required. You will be reporting directly to the CEO.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with leadership to implement processes and policies ensuring people operations reflect overall business priorities. This includes organizational design and change management ensuring (i) adequate staffing and allocation of resources throughout business units and (ii) robust performance management and feedback initiatives
- Be the “culture champion”, ensuring that employees embody Paystack’s mission and the company’s values. You’ll promote Paystack’s brand and corporate identity – internally and externally – to support employee retention and to build a strong pipeline of talent
- Lead recruitment efforts throughout the hiring cycle from job description/promotion, application, interviews, negotiation of contract and on-boarding. You will help diversify and strengthen the recruitment pipeline from global and in-country talent pools and help streamline the hiring process by working with hiring managers across the organization
- Ensure that employees across the organization are empowered and motivated to perform to their best ability via various initiatives, including:
- Designing clear career tracks for various roles (salary increases, in-grade progressions, promotions to new grades etc.)
- Monitoring compensation and benefits to ensure Paystack remains competitive
- Building capacity through ongoing training and development
- Implementing coaching and mentoring programs
- Organizing team retreats to foster collaboration and team spirit
- Recognizing and fast-tracking rising talent
- Manage succession planning to ensure business continuity for critical positions
- Work with legal team to minimize HR and compliance risks related to employees’ actions
What it takes to succeed
- You have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- You have strong data analysis skills that can be leveraged to make informed decisions about people strategy
- You are a creative problem solver
- You prioritize confidentiality and are a trusted source of advice and information for team members
- You are a positive and naturally optimistic team player
- You are a people person, who is adaptable and comfortable working in multicultural environments
- You have 5+ years’ experience in fast-growing tech start-ups
- You can remain patient under high-pressure situations
- You encourage transparency and continuous feedback
- You have a passion for building relationships and tackling people-related issues
- You have a strong culture of constant learning and investing in developing people
- You have deep empathy for co-workers
- You have a track record of building and managing teams, including distributed teams
- You are passionate about the Paystack mission
While this is not a requirement, it would be a plus if you:
- Have experience working with engineers
- Have previously helped grow companies from 50 to 200 people
- Have received HR certification/training or a related Master’s Degree
- Have experience working in Africa
- Have experience managing people in various settings, including distributed teams working across multiple time zones
- Housing/car assistance
- Full medical coverage
- Pension contributions
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11:59 PM; 23rd February, 2020.