Latest Vacancies at Ibis Lagos Airport-Hotel
Ibis is an international hotel company owned by AccorHotels, a hotel holding company. AccorHotels is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and was founded in 1967. Ibis opened its first hotel in 1974. The hotels are generally close to city centres, airports, beaches or railway stations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: The General Manager
- Assists the Hotel General Manager in implementing the brand and hotel strategy, in order to meet targets for quality of service, attitude and profitability for the Rooms Division and Food & Beverage departments.
- Is responsible for providing innovation and renewal in the hotel’s service offer, with particular focus on meetings and events.
- Convey the brand’s spirit among the guests
- Ensure a flexible organisation so as to provide solutions adapted to the needs of the guests.
- Creates a relationship with the guest throughout their stay, by being readily available and coming up with a solution to all their needs, thus gaining their loyalty
- Handles any complaints by finding suitable solutions.
Professional Techniques / Production:
- Monitor the purchase / indent / requisitions of each department in line with the budget and standards
- Randomly inspecting the stores (F & B / Kitchen) – quality, par stock levels, expiry etc are in line with HACCP standards.
- Inspecting all department with their respective Manager’s for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture and ensures these principles are passed on by employees, between each other and to guests.
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Providing timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
- Working with Front Office on ALL targets and contributions LCAH
- Coordinate and organise the services available to guests on a daily basis.
- Take responsibility for the Accommodation, and Restaurant services on offer through the implementation of service standards.
- Ensures that sub-contractor agreements are aligned with the quality and profitability targets under his responsibility.
- Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running the hotel.
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are implemented in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks. Guidance to be taken wherever required.
Commercial / Sales:
- Instils a sales mind set to employees through continuous stimulation (upselling, incentives, challenges…)
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment:
- Ensures the due application of rules and regulations concerning health and safety.
- Ensures respect of the hotel’s commitments to the “Environment Charter”
Skills / Qualities:
- Good administrative skills
- Commitment to service/ customer orientated.
- Team spirit.
- Leadership skills.
- Analytical mind/capable of seeing the big picture.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the hotel’s organisational needs changes.
Education / Professional Experience:
- Fluent in English (and national language), 3rd language a plus.
- Confirmed experience as a manager.
- Previous experience in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
- Degree / Master’s or equivalent (from university or a specialised sales, hospitality or food & beverage school) or operational experience.
- 8 to10 years work experience in the hospitality, F&B, tourism, leisure or health sectors, working for a large volume business unit.
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
- Also to assist the Finance and Operational Departments in the monitoring, reporting and controlling of Cost of Sales in the hotel, including audit and control, financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, forecasting etc.
- As a Procurement Manager, one should work with suppliers to negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trends.
Procurement Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Issues regularly slow moving item lists.
- Identifies items for standing orders utilising vendor’s logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Ensures validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
- Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
- Responsible for all administrative functions of the Materials Department, staffing, training and execution of other related duties.
- Responsible for all procurement functions, quotations, quality and availability.
- Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorised issue requests).
- Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels operationally needed.
- Spot checks storeroom requests if properly maintained, verifies quantity requested and issued, proper items received by signatories & ID availability.
- Spot-checks entered system quotations, period validity quotes locked by, etc.
- Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to the hygiene of goods delivered.
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Implement sound procurement policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- Calls for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
- Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
- Ensures that all orders receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
- Ensures that all authorised or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the procurement unit in all aspects.
- Research and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
- Obtains written approval for established Minimum / Maximum stock levels by the financial controller and general manager.
- Checks, explain if needed and approves delivered items issued by cost control regarding price and quantity order variances.
- Approves all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
- Verify the ‘pending orders’ report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- On a daily basis prepare the list of to be cancelled orders and sent to accounts for deletion, with appropriate reasons.
- Graduate or Diploma in Business Studies or MBA in Purchasing and Supply. With good knowledge of MS office and Materials management software (MMS)
- Previous Min 4 years experience as Asst. Procurement Manager 4 years with expertise in the Hotel and Catering industry.
- Ability to evaluate legal and business risks and ramifications of proposed contractual terms. Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Strong negotiating and closing skills required, along with a demonstrated ability to develop negotiation strategies for complex activities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.
Application Deadline 9th March, 2020.