Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist
Location: Pulka, Gwoza LGA, Borno
Report to: Mental Health Activity Manager
Report to (functional): Mental Health Activity Manager
Area: Medical & Paramedical
Working Hours: 48 per week
Contract Duration: Six Month Renewable
- Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
- Essential degree or diploma in Psychology, degree in Clinical Psychology is desirable
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
- English and Hausa essential, Local languages Mandra, Kanuri desirable.
- Essential computer literacy ( word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation – L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation – L2
- Behavioural Flexibility – L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles – L2
- Stress Management – L3.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behaviour during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- NGN 4,344,067 (Annual Basic salary + 13th Month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
Deadline: 2nd March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, Motivation Letter, Copy of Practicing Licence and copies of Credentials (only PDF or Word) either by email to: email@example.com (in the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying). Applications should be accompanied by copy of the NYSC certificate.
In-person to MSF SPAIN Office at Pulka, Borno State.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.