Mantrac is the sole distributor for Caterpillar products in Nigeria, distributing and supporting machinery, power systems and material-handling equipment. The company provides customers with comprehensive solutions, backed by technical know-how, experience and in-depth knowledge of their local markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Engineer
- This role is responsible to the Application and Installation Manager for the development, promotion and implementation of the technical aspects of the Power Systems business nationwide.
- Engages in negotiating Power Systems product sales into high valued projects by highlighting Power Systems technical capabilities.
- Prepares and submits technical quotation for Power Systems product and their installation requirement.
- Inspects and provides comments on installations of Power Systems products in order that they meet up to International standards and specifications.
- Intimates potential customers of Caterpillar’s range of Power Systems products, highlighting Power Systems product sales as a complete product support package.
- Provides technical inputs to support the Regional Sales force in their bid to win Power Systems product sales.
- Liaises with the Field Service representatives to initiate Contract Service Maintenance agreements and to execute them when contract has been signed.
- Provides when/where necessary, professional technical inputs to assist in achieving Power Systems project completion as per contract
- Project Power Systems as a Centre of excellence, adding values to the business and benefit to the customer.
- Disseminates technical advice to all categories of Power Systems customer from assessing present load, forecasting expansion, genset site survey, sizing the best genset to meet load demand, designing an appropriate power distribution system, installation and commissioning.
- Commissions Power systems product in line with specifications and international standards
- Power Systems engineer prepares reports regularly on projects and submits to the manager
- Reviews all designs and technical documents; electrical drawing, layout drawing, manuals of equipment all equipment before performing technical activities
- Attends to all tasks as may be required by the Application and Installation Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related role.
Deadline: 17th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online