Bookminders Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Writer
- Additional tasks handled by a Content Writer may include analyzing marketing metrics and collaborating across departments in order to execute brand initiatives.
- Content Writer responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and proofreading articles before publication.
- If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you.
- Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
- Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
- We are looking for a Content Writer to join our team and enrich our products with new ideas, guides and marketing copy.
- A Content Writer handles the ideation and creation of compelling content including website copy, white papers, blog posts, social media content, video content and product/service descriptions.
- A Content Writer is responsible for adding value by actively engaging customers/stakeholders and maintaining a cohesive brand voice.
- To develop content that accurately reflects company ideals, content writers often research the material they need to write each article or product description.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- B.Sc in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field.
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing and web analytics
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously
- Strict adherence to the style guides of each company and their policies for publication
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary.
- Ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management
- Impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote content on social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 25th March, 2020.