Busy Minds Consult – Our client, a leading Offshore Logistics company with an exponential growth plan is seeking the services of an experienced professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Plant Manager
Reporting Line: Managing Director / Plant Manager
- University degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- Certifications in Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
- Certifications in any of the following: Project Management Professional, Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Engineer with Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
- Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Can speak a second language
- Have experience in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry, working with multinational companies / clients and international experience.
- Minimum of 15 years in the offshore oil and gas support/logistics environment.
- At least 5 years of experience in Plant Operations (generation and distribution)
- Experience in contract negotiation and administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Basic communication skill
- Good use of Microsoft projects;
- Ability to read and understand civil, mechanical and electrical drawings, P&IDs, etc.;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power-point etc.)
- Knowledge of administration best practices;
- Computer literate to include word processing, data management and email correspondence;
- Sound organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and react at short notice;
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved;
- Ability to form successful relationships, working with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives;
- The resilience to deal with periods of work pressure and diplomacy to deal with difficult employees, customers, contactors and others in the course of their duties;
- Reliable, with the ability to maintain high levels of service;
- Motivated with the ability to effectively work on own initiative;
- Reporting skills
- Physical fitness and mental agility to successfully function for an extended period if required.
- Manager will ensure that safe reliable power is available at all Company locations 24 / 7
- Manager will oversee the design, development, construction, commissioning and running of new power plants / facilities
- Manager will maintain and manage all power generators, turbines and related equipment, including distribution networks
- Manager will liaise with the Company’s Client’s to accurately assess their power needs and deploy and then manage solutions to meet them
- Manager will liaise with the finance team to develop business models for the sustainable profitable provision of power by Company to its clients.
- Establishment of terms of reference for all personnel in key project roles, and mobilization of the project team.
- Preparation of project development and management agreements between the company and all contractors, consultants and service providers.
- Establishment of project reporting requirements and levels of delegation.
- Identification of suitable resources and project participants, such as external suppliers
- Planning for personnel safety in the delivery of the project
- Ensuring that the plan is followed and that remedial actions are taken as necessary (Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle)
- Ensuring alignment of expectations such as the delivery date and financial outturn between company, EPC contractor, and off-takers.
- Management of feasibility and front-end engineering design studies
- Determination of appropriate project budget and schedule
- Determination of project economic performance factors
- Identification of upside-risks and opportunities to improve the economic performance of the power plant, and recommendations to the company accordingly.
- Arranging construction and operational insurance for the project as needed.
- Management of the design and engineering process to ensure that the plant is designed and specified in accordance with COMPANY requirements
- Management of the consenting and licensing process to ensure the plant as technically conceived can be built and operated
- Management of the commissioning and handover process to ensure the plant performs as intended
- Warranty and maintenance management
- Technical data management (record filing and retention)
- Management of the running of the plant
- Defining commercial terms such that incentives of suppliers and contractors match the requirements of the project
- Minimising the risks and impacts of claims, technical changes and contract deviations
- Finalising and documenting any contract amendments
- Ensuring effective coordination of suppliers and contractors and accurate/timely transmission of interface information so that suppliers can perform
- Ensuring the integrity and enforceability of contracts is maintained.
- Leading negotiations on claims and variations and final account settlement.
- Ensuring appropriate quality criteria are set
- Helping to ensure work is only contracted to suppliers who can deliver the required quality
- Managing the whole set of quality planning, quality assurance, quality control as well as material testing during project execution to ensure required quality
- Ensuring that appropriate information is gathered and retained to meet regulatory and operational needs via appropriate data management.
- Ensuring compliance with local regulations and company policies, and promoting excellent safety and environmental culture to all project participants
- Appropriate reporting to senior management and required regulatory authorities in the event of any issues
- Carrying out routine QHSE surveillance and audits.
- Establishing a permit strategy and management of all permitting issues during the development and execution phases
- Management of permit procedures, stipulations and conditions.
- Working with company management in the identification of key stakeholders.
- Formulating a stakeholder management plan and ensuring it is followed
- Conducting meetings and negotiations with key stakeholders in accordance with the stakeholder management plan.
- Train and develop employees in understanding policies and procedures;
- Assist and offer advice/guidance on individual employee relations cases within the department ensuring they meet the requirements of company policies;
- Promote staff morale and workplace safety in accordance with IMS policies;
- Reporting of all incidents in line with set SHEQ and Security procedures.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved.
To be discussed.
Deadline: 3rd April 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title as the subject of the mail
- The dates of each of your work experience should include the start month and year and stop month and year.
- Only selected candidate will be contacted.