Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Employee Relations Officer (Personnel Services)
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Employee Relations Officer (Personnel Services) is to ensure that comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date records are appropriately maintained (electronic and hard copies) for all employees in the organization.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities or any related discipline
- Required Experience: 1 – 3 years
- Active listening
- Social perceptiveness
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Service orientation
- Proven experience in filing and record keeping management in a reputable company
- Proven experience in database application systems
- Good coordination, administrative & negotiating skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Collaborates with the IT department to maintain a proper electronic system for employee records and a corresponding physical filing system for paper copies of personnel records.
- Updates personnel records to reflect changes in employee population – resignations, appointments etc.
- Oversees the administration of the physical filing room and movement of files.
- Ensures completion of personnel forms by newly recruited employees.
- Assists in producing statistics reports related to the Company’s workforce.
- Maintains personnel files on active and terminated employees, including maintaining, calculating and updating employee service dates and seniority dates; filing employee paperwork; integrating old files into new files for rehires.
- Verifies and provides information from employee files as requested per Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of relations legislation and data privacy laws to ensure compliance by the organization.
- Provides relevant personnel information to authorized parties as the need arises.
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to staff policies and proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses.
- Evaluate HR activities (e.g. disciplinary processes, recruitment processes etc) to assess compliance risk.
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation.
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed.
- Address employee concerns or questions on HR compliance.
Deadline: 18th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click Here See Vacancies” and select “Employee Relations Officer (Personnel Services)” to apply accordingly.