Accion Microfinance Bank Limited – Established in 2006, began operations in May 2007 on license from the Central Bank of Nigeria. Our management team comprises seasoned and distinguished professionals from diverse backgrounds complemented by the expertise of our technical partners, ACCION International. At Accion Microfinance Bank our core values, business philosophy and methodology distinguish us as one of the leading microfinance banks in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Digital Transformation
Job ID: 2032
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head, Digital Transformation will help drive the execution of the bank’s digital strategy, with a focus on delivering new digital products and services profitably; building a strong digital team and accelerating customer growth through improved customer experience and effective products.
- The role will work closely with the bank’s senior leadership team to overhaul the bank’s digital channels, implement risk management frameworks complementary to, and supportive of the digital transformation mandate.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business, Finance or related careers; Masters or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience of consulting or working within a financial services institution, with practical exposure to financial services, strategy, and hands-on operating experience in challenging contexts
- Minimum 8 years in a management role
- Must have excellent knowledge of and expertise in digital financial services as well as hands-on knowledge in areas such as mobile money, digital payments, mobile banking, data and business intelligence platforms, digital field applications, etc.
- Proven project success in influencing customer behavior change and driving usage of digital financial products
- Understanding of financial inclusion product design approaches like customer value proposition design, business model canvas, and customer journey mapping
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams from discovery through implementation; ability to prioritize multiple tasks, lead and motivate others and meet deadlines
- Experience of data driven design and the production of effective management information.
General Competencies Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; comfortable interacting with senior management
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to negotiate consensus among diverse groups and influence and impact the activities of others not in own reporting structure.
- Strong business negotiation skills.
Digital Strategy Development – in collaboration with the IT Head and Digital unit team leads, define and coordinate the digital team’s delivery calendar and digital roadmap to help drive business growth and planning. This includes:
- Deliver a digital innovation structure – building capabilities in the bank to create opportunities for revenue-generation and customer value-add by leveraging digital technologies
- Launch new digital products and services – help plan for and design the bank’s new digital product offering
- Assessing internal services suitability for digital transformation and rigorously prioritizing involvement by customer or cost saving benefit.
- Actively identify and promote partnerships with external actors to further the digital agenda
Product Delivery Management and Change Management – managing the end-to-end design and commercial rollout of new digital products and services, including:
- Promoting remote customer application and account usage
- Improving the customer journey to allow for an improved, more intuitive customer experience
- Offering new, more innovative and personalized financial products
- Driving customer growth and financial targets such as customer numbers, NPS, loan book size and operational efficiency
Internal Change Management and Capacity building— promoting cultural change and helping to build digital capabilities within the business; advocating for data-driven, user-centric product design and an agile product development approach. In addition s/he will:
- Help to put in place new guidance and training for digital team members, senior management and the wider bank staff; advising on the structures needed for future digital transform
- Coach and mentor digital team members, strengthening their skills and use of innovative, digital solutions and agile methodologies
- Share knowledge: document and share learnings, disseminating useful information & tools, for internal learning and external sector-wide knowledge sharing purposes.
- Be a thought leader on new digital trends and opportunities that the bank can incorporate into its digital strategy to drive strategic growth ambitions
- Collaborate effectively across other areas of the bank as well as leverage relationships in the industry to enhance the bank’s knowledge and capabilities in digital innovations and customer strategy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online