Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
About the Role
- The fundamental operating principle of the Marketing & Communications Coordinator is to drive a number of marketing and communications strategies that will enable Andela to attract the right talent at the right time.
- The Marketing & Communications Coordinator would work in close collaboration with fellow colleagues within communications team, and other cross-functional teams like Digital Marketing, Engineering recruiting, Staffing, Sourcing, Developer Relations, Engineering, Partnerships, Partner Engineering, etc. to achieve the goals of the Communications department and in alignment to key organization’s overarching goals.
- In this role and as per the current organization structure She/He will report directly to the Senior Communications Manager, Africa.
- From engaging with Andela’s external stakeholders using comms and developer relations tactics to finding developers, identifying potentials, connecting, and converting them into Andela’s “right talent” pipeline.
- Andela earns the trust of its external stakeholders through compelling story-telling, speaking opportunities, written content, videos, and participation in community activities.
- This trust breeds interest in opportunities at Andela, which leads to hires, placed engagements and ultimately revenue.
- The position will be based out of Lagos, Nigeria. Traveling for business will be required as and when needed across locations and our focus markets within West Africa where mid-level to principal engineers are based.
- Lead Andela Nigeria’s Communications team in planning and executing a number of strategic initiatives across PR, Developer relations and Digital marketing to bolster Andela’s presence in Nigeria.
- Actively participate in ecosystem and tech community events to identify and build strong relationships with engineers across all experience levels that could potentially join Andela.
- Coordinate participation of Andelans at technical and non-technical external events in Lagos/Pan-Africa.
- Responsible for marketing qualified leads (MQLs) that feed into the recruiting pipeline for placed engineers from an offline marketing perspective.
- Strategic partnership and community building by attending and engaging in relevant tech conferences and hosting technical meetups.
- Media monitoring – online (news website and blogs)
- Work with the Regional Developer Relations Manager to build and align on strategies that connect to the marketing department’s overarching goal.
- Work closely with the Lagos leadership team and Andela’s global Communications team to align localized goals to global goals and strategy.
- Working across departments to identify what stories to pitch or tell that will in turn influence the brand’s reputation and image and further inspire senior engineering talent to join Andela.
- Groom leaders and engineers with the right tools and content to enable them to share their stories with external stakeholders that will, in turn, strengthen the brand and drive more applications.
- Ensure 100% brand consistency and cohesiveness in key messaging, internally and externally.
- Reporting on predefined success metrics of marketing and communications initiatives.
The key attributes for this role are:
- Leadership, team building and cross-cultural skills. You have experience leading strong teams made up of young and dynamic high achievers. It is also important that you have demonstrated an understanding of what it takes to work with high performance teams and a best-in-class Communications department.
- Creative problem solving. You solve problems by creatively engaging with stakeholders externally with independence and fluency. You develop conceptual frameworks that guide problem solving analysis. You draw sound conclusions based upon a mixture of analysis and experience. You demonstrate content expertise through problem solving from multiple contexts.
- Strategic thinking and storytelling: Identify press-worthy stories within Andela and have a strong ability to think strategically and plan for the future. You are able to conceptualise, plan and execute communication strategies that engage Andela’s target audience, while also facilitating increases in engagements and impressions generated.
- Public speaking and ability to groom others. You have the capacity to multitask across teams and have the confidence to speak and also groom others to speak confidently in alignment to the core message of Andela.
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategic and crisis communication. You develop and maintain strong relationships with Andela’s senior management, staff, external agencies, press outlets, and others to engage them and support effective communication within and outside of the organization.
- You are responsible for managing strategic and crisis communication should the need arise.
- Media relations and stakeholder management in Nigeria. You will have demonstrated an ability to engage with 360 media across different channels in Nigeria.
- Also understand the tech ecosystem and must have built strong relationship with Tech leaders who can easily be approached to understand the goals and objectives of Andela.
- Writing skills: Prepare speaking brief + talking points creation + setting up in-person prep with Engineers and executives who have speaking engagements. Also coordinate the team to ensure a great EPIC Tower experience for guests.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.