African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is an international not-for-profit organization that facilitates, and promotes public/private partnerships to access, develop, adapt and deliver appropriate agricultural technologies for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa. AATF works with African governments, private and public technology owners and developers, NGOs, seed companies and African farmers to identify and access technologies that will address farmers’ key problems and enhance their productivity. AATF is a registered charity under the laws of England and Wales and has host country status with the Government of Kenya. The Foundation depends on the ongoing support and collaboration of different partners and investors to meet its objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Seed Systems
Job Type: Full Time
- Under the direct Supervision of the Seed Production Manager –the program Officer is responsible for supporting in formulation and implementation of seed production strategies and plans for AATF projects to facilitate effective and efficient product delivery, and seed systems components of projects and their impact on delivery of products emanating from AATF projects.
Summary of Key Functions
- Support in identifying suitability of genetic materials for addressing priorities of AATF projects
- Foster strong linkages and buy-in amongst partners and stakeholders through participatory product development approaches
- Analyse the dynamics of seed systems and product delivery in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Map out the seed and other product delivery systems, focusing on implications and suitable adjustments to AATF projects.
- Provide technical contribution to AATF Annual Work Plans, complete with planned activities, milestones and budgets
- Provision of technical expertise in seed systems and product delivery to other partners on behalf of AATF
- Support assignments as may be required to represent the institution and promote it as a world-class African organization for technology/product development and deployment
- Support in developing strategies and plans for innovative seed production and delivery mechanisms to target users
- Support in designing and implementing monitoring systems for seed production and seed systems in target countries
- Reviewing existing policies and models for seed production and delivery in target countries
- Identify gaps and needs for improving seed/product delivery systems in target countries, and formulate and implement appropriate coping options
- Contribute to policy development for guiding and enhancing product delivery systems in target countries
- Engage and coordinate partners and stakeholders for product delivery in target countries
- Develop and update a database for partners and stakeholders for sustainable and effective seed production in target countries
- Demonstrates commitment to AATF’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Displays an appreciation of good corporate governance
- Upholds AATF values of integrity, dedication and accessibility
- MSc. in Agricultural Sciences or related area of study from a recognized University
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience in formal seed systems in a reputable organization at the national or international level.
- Experience in seed production, agronomy, plant genetics, breeding technology and product testing and delivery would be an added advantage.
- Experience in participatory approaches in working with stakeholders to mobilize groups and actualize project goals
- Hands-on experience in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Fluency in English, with working knowledge of French.
Deadline: 16th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com and must clearly indicate on the email subject “Program Officer – Seeds Systems”.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- African Agricultural Technology Foundation is an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds and any other diversity groups to apply and become a part of our organization