MyAwayHome Inc. (“MyAwayHome” or the “Company”) is on a mission to reintegrate the African Diaspora through homeownership whilst making it convenient for Africans to sell, buy, and rent homes online. In December 2019, the Company launched the MyAwayHome brand, its flagship mortgage origination platform to enable the African diaspora to find property, apply for a mortgage, repay their mortgage, and monetize property purchased in their home country.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Frontend Developer
- We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of ReactJS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application will adhere to them.
- Develop user-facing features according to the UI/UX design wireframes provided to you for this project
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Participate in weekly calls with the product team
- Based on hourly rate submitted by the contractor
- Maximum of 20 hours a week, paid monthly
- Maximum duration of 4 months
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online