GZI is the first Alumunium beverage can manufacturing company in West Africa with state of the art factories in Aba, Agbara and South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Washer Technician
- Minimum of a first degree or HND in Industrial Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- Advanced skills (Journeyman / Trade Certificate level) required in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, plumbing, carpentry, piping systems.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the manufacturing industry.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Maintains an awareness of, and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements.
- Performs troubleshooting on washer equipment when required.
- Monitors the can washer and waste water treatment plant, ensuring they operate optimally at all times.
- Assists to monitor washer chemical levels, washer quality, washer agent concentration and treated water quality, and carries out corrective measures when required.
- Monitors DI water condition, initiates column change over and regeneration as required
- Monitors soluble oil system, maintains or adjusts concentration and biocide levels as required.
- Assists with daily calibration of laboratory instruments and proper alignment of measuring slopes.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production and support functions by operating, adjusting, repairing and maintaining the washer equipment when required.
- Performs filter changes when necessary.
- Ensures all specialized personal protective equipment is correctly used and maintained.
- Maintains, secures and sanitizes work tools.
- Turns off and locks out equipment when not in use.
- Acts as a back-up for other parts of the assembly line.
- Completes daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Makes adjustments as necessary to ensure products are in line with quality and design specifications.
- Complies with established job safety practices and standard operating procedures for safe performance of work assignments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 16th March, 2020.