Alluvial Agriculture is an integrated farm management company based in Nigeria that uses the best of modern technology, and traditional methods, to deliver environmentally and socially sustainable farming for farmers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist
Locations: Benue, Plateau, Kaduna, Kano
- Alluvial is looking for an experienced Agronomist to support its work with Rice, Maize, and Soybeans in Benue, Plateau, Kaduna, Kano. We expect that the Agronomist will support our work to check soil quality against the crops that will be planted in the area.
- Aside from learning more about soil quality, they would also work with our farmers in order to develop better farming conditions through improved planting areas.
Other Responsibilities Include
- Preparing and managing plans for crop improvement and enhanced production
- Designing and coordinating land development projects for agricultural land and forests
- Laboratory testing of plant and agri-food products
- Agricultural, agri-food, livestock, forestry and environmental quality certification
- Safeguarding environmental sustainability, safety and quality
- Carrying out land-use planning in accordance with applicable legislation
- Landscape design
- Providing management and technical consultancy services to companies and other organizations
- Sale of professional agricultural products and technology
- Plan, schedule, execute, evaluate, analyze, interpret and report results of product trials and experiments
- Assist in trial establishment, monitoring, weed control, plot maintenance, agronomic and disease notations and harvest, as necessary
- Manage field calls regarding product performance and complaints, attend public and university meetings/field days to stay abreast of new products and technology
- A degree in agronomy, crop science, agricultural science, Agricultural systems and management, Agribusiness or other related fields will be helpful.
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply
Deadline: 31st May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.