Owens and Xley Consults – Our client, a luxury Fashion House in Lekki, is looking to hire a qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Fashion Store Operations Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Function of the Role
- The Fashion Store Manager is the brand ambassador of the brand. She will be responsible for handling the daily management of the operations of the store.
- This includes developing and implementing processes that would help with meeting and exceeding sales targets and store profitability;
- Providing customers the ultimate experience by successfully executing the brand’s strategy;
- Leading and developing a team of sales professionals in providing unsurpassed customer service.
- Plan out work assignments and work schedules of the employees and assign specific duties to employees
- Work with Business Development Manager (BDM) in producing and executing business plan/strategy for the store, including: sales development, events, promotions, training, merchandising, etc.
- Inform BDM of competitor activities / promotions and strategies
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of products
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects the brand’s core values
- Recruit, guide and develop a team of professional sales staff, according to local HR directives
- Participate in staffing decisions including: discipline, training, assignment and termination, according to local HR directives
- Continually develop the sales associates and other staff so they can grow with the Company as it grows
- Work with HR on assessing all the sales associates, and store support staff
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere that is fun, professional, productive and team oriented; encourage ongoing dialogue with direct reports to foster new ideas and to achieve sales objectives
- Ensure that the store personnel comply with the store’s security, sales and record taking practices and procedures.
- Model and promote great customer service
- Ensure that both your own personal sales contribution and that of your team meet and exceed performance goals set
- Demonstrate sales leadership by actively being on shop floor; working with the store team in developing techniques that can build customer loyalty and brand awareness through superior service
- Ensure Sales Associates are collecting relevant customer data to assist in relationship building and using data to tailor future, personalized shopping experiences
- Regularly and effectively communicate company/store sales plan objectives the team so they can achieve clearly defined sales expectations.
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Attend to customers
- Take opening and closing stock count
- Ensure store is visually appealing
- Collate and communicate customer feedback.
- Routinely review POS transactions, incoming/outgoing merchandise orders and inventory levels for accuracy; regularly prepares scheduled sales reports
- Prepare weekly operations reports.
- Work with BDM to prepare sales report
- Prepare inventory report.
- HND or B.Sc in any related discipline preferably Marketing, Business and Finance.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of sales management experience in retail or luxury retail environment, with proven track record in sales generation and overseeing the achievement of sales and profitability targets
- Appreciated background in luxury goods a plus
- Appreciated previous titles: Store Manager, Store Director, Retail Manager, Retail General Manager.
- Experience must include: leadership, coaching and development of sales teams; performance management; stock/inventory management; visual merchandising
- Be able to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel and a Point of Sales (POS) system
- Be flexible to work in various roles based on business needs (front or back office)
Skills and Abilities:
- Goal oriented approach
- Highly analytical with a drive for numbers
- Good networking, prospecting and closing skills
- High level of professionalism
- Result-oriented and dynamic team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills.
- Keen eye for detail
- Have a deep desire to work in the luxury retail industry
- Sociable and friendly
- Confident and pleasant
- Knowledgeable of current trends
- Loves a challenge
- Assertive and creative
- Stylish and fashion savvy.
- Work in the office
- Will be required to write reports
- Might be required to work overtime, on weekends and travel if necessary.
- N100,000 – N150,000 / month.
Deadline: 27th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.