Rimdinado International Limited – We are a global brand, leveraging on technology and changing business conditions to provide cutting edge solutions to our communities. We provide human capital management,Organizational design and development and business process management consulting services for our wide range local and international clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
Resumption date: ASAP
Candidate is expected to:
- Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department.
- Ensure safe and efficient operations and serve as a company representative on regulatory issues.
- Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Responsibilities may include training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employees performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards.
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labor to revenues
- Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
- Organizing the budget of the company in collaboration with the director.
- Train assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees. Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Enforcing company policies and procedures
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicle and heavy equipment rentals
- Establish contracts and pricing and ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such health and safety organizations -NAFDAC, SON
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are equipment quality, accidents and mishaps on-site. In particular, this includes any issues on-site at client facilities
- Work closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
- Work closely with the inventory manager and team to perform analysis of our inventory and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data and reduce expenses
- Communicate with legal counsel and safety department to ensure all processes remain compliant with all governmental regulations
Qualification and Experience
Other Requirements, top skills & proficiencies:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory related role.
- Communication Skills, Persuasiveness, Influencing and Leading, Delegation, Team Work, Negotiation
- Adaptability, Stress Tolerance, Budget Development
- Reports directly to top management, directly manages and directs Operational staff.
- Perform a variety of tasks, lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Leadership, Conflict Management, Business Negotiation, Organization, Decision-Making
- People Management, Data Entry Skills, Data Processing Skills, Dependable, Reporting Skills
- Deadline-Oriented, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills, Planning and Organizing
Deadline: 30th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter with “Q.A Officer” as subject to: email@example.com
Note: Strictly for abuja residents