System of Quality Management (SoQM) Project Manager Job at KPMG Nigeria
KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: System of Quality Management (SoQM) Project Manager
Ref No: 150008BR
Service Line: Operations & Administration
Job Level: Manager
Contract Type: Not Specified
Full Time / Part Time: Not Specified
- The SoQM Project Manager will interact with senior leadership and work closely with various teams across Nigeria to drive the implementation of our enhanced System of Quality Management (SoQM).
- The successful candidate will bring a systematic and disciplined approach to designing, implementing and testing the effectiveness of our controls over quality management processes. The role is expected to be closely involved in presenting the Firm’s performance to key stakeholders.
Specifically, the role will be responsible for the following:
- Provide support to the SoQM Regional Leader to drive implementation of the SoQM project within the defined time frame.
- Liaise with control owners and other stakeholders on control design and remediation plans.
- Assist the SoQM Regional Leader in managing feedback to and communications with the Global SOQM Working Group.
- Provide periodic status reporting to the SoQM Regional Leader and West Africa SoQM Steering Committee/ EXCO on the progress of the project.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the SoQM Regional Leader.
- Coordinate various SoQM component team members to ensure key deliverables are developed within agreed timelines and to the required quality.
- Perform local Risk Assessment Process (RAP) for each ISQM1 component.
- Review key outputs form each SoQM component work stream including process narratives, flowcharts, detailed control descriptions and controls testing and ensure accuracy and completeness.
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following qualifications/ experience amongst others:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any relevant discipline.
- Professional accounting certification, (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience, with at least one (1) year as a manager Experience gained in a Big 4 audit firm is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with process documentation, internal controls documentation and testing is required. Experience in audit or controls/compliance background will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of International System of Quality Management (ISQM1) Exposure Draft will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work flexibly (both in terms of managing time and working with people of different levels of seniority).
- Strong leadership and people management skills, including the ability to manage teams in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven experience managing change in an organization will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online