IO Furniture Limited is a full-service interior design and manufacturing company characterized by our uncompromising quality and innovative design solutions. With innovation, functionality, and style at the heart and soul of our company, we deliver perfection consistently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- We need a Chief Financial Officer to lead the company from a financial perspective (financial stewardship, strategy, operational execution, and business partnership).
- The Chief Financial Officer will work with the leadership team and take ownership of all company fiscal and regulatory matters and ensure strategy execution, control, performance and efficiency.
- Oversee the smooth and efficient running of the Finance Department
- Ensure compliance with statutory authorities, audit requirements and relevant accounting standard
- Maintain integrity of Accounting system (software), ensuring it remains effective and operational at all times
- Ensure all taxation requirements are complied with at all times by designing and implementing efficient
Tax Management Strategy:
- Establishing and maintaining cordial relationship that will be of immense benefit to the company with bankers/financiers
- Designing and implementing all necessary Policies and Procedures to ensure standardized flow of works and transactions
- Involved in planning and execution of financial goal and being abreast of developments in FX market for ultimate benefit of the company
- Reviewing of Government policy with their respective impact on the business and supporting other departments in moving the business forward
- Ensuring monthly reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers
- Analyzing the business performance/ results, providing feedback to Senior Management
- Tracking and monitoring revenue/cost for accuracy, verifying it against sub ledger report on a monthly basis
- Ensuring that revenue and cost are allocated correctly, taking corrective action where inconsistencies arise
- Ensuring monthly accruals are adjusted to meet demands of the business
- Negotiating competitive rates with insurers and in conjunction with relevant personnel tracking, monitoring as well as managing insurance claims
- Ensuring that debtors are monitored and collections are consistent with set company time frames in conjunction with Directors sourcing and identifying financial providers.
- Collating all relevant information to produce end of year statutory accounts for the company
- Ensuring that end-of-year statutory accounts and report are finalized by specified date and presented to Directors for review
- Managing Petty Cash payments and re-imbursement system
- Ensuring timely stock counting in line with company and audit requirement
- Instituting Internal Control to safe guard the company assets
- Ensuring timely reconciliation of Bank Statement against the General ledger for prompt discovering of errors or misstatement
- Ensuring effective and efficient payroll system in conjunction with HR department
- Verifying on monthly basis the bank charges debited by banks
- Amortizing the prepayments like rent, advertisement and any other advance payments
- Managing the company general ledger i.e. Chart of Accounts
Budgeting/Forecasting & Reporting:
- Coordinating and preparing annual budgets, including operating and capital expenditure budgets, ensuring the accurate preparation / reporting of monthly financial results
- Providing assistance/direction to managers with regards to the preparation of budgets
- In conjunction with the Managing Director, ensure that business cash flow adequately supports company work activities and produces optimal results
- Ensure approved capital expenditure budgets are adhered to at all times
- Ensure any variations to budgets and forecasts are explained in management reports, including any future/potential exposures to the organization
- Preparing “budget reports” on an annual basis for review by Directors
- On a monthly basis, track and review expenditure against set budgets, providing Directors with a “budget inconsistencies report”
- Ensuring all company assets are monitored, insured and accounted for
- Ensuring company motor vehicles and property are effectively managed
- Ensuring the fixed assets register is managed and maintained with strict adherence to “fixed assets register procedure”
- On a monthly basis ensuring the general ledger is reconciled to the assets register.
- Preparing on monthly basis, the Fixed Assets Movement Schedules
- Ensuring timely capitalization and disposal of Fixed Assets in line with company policy.
- Ensuring accurate depreciation is charged to P & L monthly
- Ensuring proper tagging of Fixed Assets
- Ensuring Tax Acceptance Certificate is obtained from relevant authority for capital allowance purposes where applicable
Regulations & Statutory Compliance:
- Ensuring there is proper documentation and annual reconciliation of gross wages, payroll tax and workers compensation against general ledger
- On an ongoing basis, reviewing company expenditure to ensure compliance with Loan Covenants with banks, reporting violation immediately to the Managing director
- Collecting and collating all necessary documentation in readiness and preparation of company income tax returns
- Ensuring prompt remittance of pension contributions
- Assisting in formulating and implementing policy on Corporate Governance
- Providing leadership direction for the Finance team
- Making self-available as coach / mentor to team for capacity building
- Ensuring that relevant information is communicated to the team for effectiveness
- Delegating tasks to the team in line with skill, knowledge and ability and where necessary, identifying skill gaps and training requirements
- Involved in relevant personnel matters including recruitment, termination and counseling
- Completing KPI assessment of direct reports within Company as required from time to time
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the MD from time to time
Key Job Attributes
- Leadership and Motivation
- Analytical and quantitative decision making skill
- Oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving, creativity
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong financial and accounting background, including understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- ACA qualification
- Ability to use Microsoft office package effectively
- Ability to use the Sage financial software
Education & Experience
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- ACA or ACCA certification
- Experience with ERP systems; Microsoft Navision experience is a plus
- Minimum of 4 years’ related work experience.
Job Title: Head, Sales and Marketing
Key Summary of the Job
- Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, goals and establish training programs for sales representatives.
- Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor customer preferences
- Revenue generation- Rigorously drive sales target
Core working relationships:
- Sales Operations
- Production Operations
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of manufactured furniture products
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Review reports to project sales and determine profitability
- Liaise with leadership to determine price schedules and discount rates
- Prepare budgets and propose budget expenditures for sales department
- Monitor customer preferences for strategic sales drive
- Liaise with human resource to plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales activities
- Direct, coordinate, and review activities of the sales team a view to add significantly to the bottom line of the business
- Consult with departmental heads and the brands communication consultant to plan advertising and to secure information on products and customer specification
- Confer with potential customers regarding products needs and advise customers on purchases
- Assess marketing potential of new store locations, considering statistics and proposed budget
- Lead and coordinate dealership/ partnership activities as per multi-channel marketing
- Build and execute the Company’s marketing and communications plan along with the Marketing consultant
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships with leaders in the Corporate, Real estate, Commercial, Hospitability and Public sector for the purpose of lead generation
- Identify and develop new strategic opportunities for partnerships with major stakeholders in the construction and property development sector of the economy for the purpose of marketing the company
- Develop content for promotional materials, social media, newsletters and other campaign channels in concert with the marketing consultant
- Categorize and report on trends specific to the furniture industry analyzing the impact on the business
- Maintain effective internal communication to ensure that all relevant functions are abreast of marketing objectives
- Liaise with customer service to prepare quotations, job order forms
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments
- Negotiate with retail merchants to improve product exposure, such as shelf positioning and advertising
- Liaise with the technical unit to plan, assemble, and stock product displays in retail stores, or make recommendations to retailers regarding product displays, promotional programs, and advertising
- Check stock levels and reorder merchandise as necessary
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates
- Consult with clients after sales to resolve problems and to provide support
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports
- Obtain credit information about prospective customers
- Train customers’ employees on the appropriate use of new Furniture
Key Job Attributes
- The ability to Multitask
- The ability to work with a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Possess analytic and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft package
- Effective Communication
- Persuasion skills
- Social Perceptiveness
- Critical Thinking
- Negotiation Skills
- Service Orientation
- Active Learning
- Coordination skills
- Good Judgment and Decision Making
- Performance Monitoring
- Excellent communication skills and evidence of building strong relationships
- Solid knowledge of digital technologies including those involving content management, web analytics, search engine marketing, email marketing, website usability
- Able to develop strong value propositions consistent with Customer needs
- Knowledge of the company’s product and services
- Ability to connect strategic thinking and planning with hands – on tactical execution
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- A Degree in Marketing Communications, Social Sciences or Business Administration.
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrable experience in sales, marketing , merchandising or related field
- 4 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
Deadline: 25th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.