Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Intern
Ref No: 20000DGX
Duration: 12 month contract
Job Type: Student/Intern Hire
- This job code is utilized for the majority of our temporary hires. The individual is performing hourly job duties as defined under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- To provide assistance as required by the Managing Counsel for Oracle in West Africa.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- L.L.B. & B.L. – Bachelor of Laws; L.L.M would be a distinctive advantage
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar;
- National Youth Service Completion Certificate;
- Minimum 1 year post call to the Nigerian bar experience;
- International exposure would be a nice to have;
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- High-level ability to articulate and draft in English;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Creative thinking;
- Desire to learn and develop.
- Oracle Legal Internship Program in West Africa
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Assisting the Managing Counsel and the Legal Department in all aspects of work required from the Legal Organization. This will include, but not be limited to, assisting in:
- Organizing and maintaining records, meeting minutes and legal archive;
- Organizing and maintaining Corporate household;
- Reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents;
- Drafting letters and documents as required;
- Taking ownership on issues as assigned by the Managing Counsel;
- Continuous interface with other functions in the company;
- Liaison with Business Practices, Compliance & Ethics and Deal Management organizations;
- Provide updates to other departments as necessary;
- Implementing legal policies and business practices;
- Co-ordination of legal services within relevant groups and functions;
- Attending internal and external meetings;
- Perform all other tasks that are appropriate for and required by an in-house Legal department.
- Develop understanding of Oracle´s products and services;
- Develop understanding of Oracle’s business requirements and policies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online